No announcement yet.

Gatorgar's Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shot!! I see 4 or 5 rabbits every hunt and keep forgetting to take a small game tip.

Comment

Good shot on the bunny, Alex!

Better luck on the deer next time out!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
        Nice shot!! I see 4 or 5 rabbits every hunt and keep forgetting to take a small game tip.
        You're killing me Smalls.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I make sure I got field tips in my quiver before I leave the truck. I may suck at deer hunting, but rabbits I rarely miss an opportunity to take

Almost ready for the pot
          I love head shot rabbits. The meat is so clean and I think they taste better as well

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            You're killing me Smalls.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
            LOL!! I always remember about the time I see my first rabbit. I'm gonna go ahead and stick one in my hunting bag while I'm thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
              I make sure I got field tips in my quiver before I leave the truck. I may suck at deer hunting, but rabbits I rarely miss an opportunity to take

Almost ready for the pot
              I love head shot rabbits. The meat is so clean and I think they taste better as well
              I love rabbit...we actually raise them, so they're a staple around here!! I like them fried, in gumbo, in the crock pot, stir fries...you get the idea.

Comment

LOL!! I always remember about the time I see my first rabbit. I'm gonna go ahead and stick one in my hunting bag while I'm thinking about it.
                Did you put them in the bag?
                I love rabbit...we actually raise them, so they're a staple around here!! I like them fried, in gumbo, in the crock pot, stir fries...you get the idea.
                My folks don't eat rabbit. My buddy and his dad do. I take him must every one I shoot and they let me know when they are going to cook it up.
                The lease hand makes a killer small game stew (any small game we take him from quail to rabbits and everything in between) but he won't show up till the temps drop and the other lessees get serious enough about the hunt to pay him to keep lanes open and roads fed. I prefer to do my own work.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                  Did you put them in the bag?

My folks don't eat rabbit. My buddy and his dad do. I take him must every one I shoot and they let me know when they are going to cook it up.
                  The lease hand makes a killer small game stew (any small game we take him from quail to rabbits and everything in between) but he won't show up till the temps drop and the other lessees get serious enough about the hunt to pay him to keep lanes open and roads fed. I prefer to do my own work.
                  Got em in my bag!! I'll be ready next time.

Comment

Good deal lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish we had more rabbits here to hunt. I've heard numerous stories from my uncles and grandfather about killing truckloads of them.
                      Heck of a shot on that lil feller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday was a rest day. Had too many 28 hour days last week and I was done. You can see the bags under my eyes in my cow pic.
                        It's 68° right now, NW wind at 8mph with moderate drizzle. The deer will be moving. Lease Boss said to shoot anything that gets in range cause his wife wants to start on the tamales for the season. Not going to worry about a target deer, just going to shoot the first one over 2yo that comes into range.
                        My pop up got destroyed by the horses, so in going to have to sit in the rain. Wish me luck

Comment

Good luck!! I'm tuned in hope you connect!!

Comment

Good luck, Alex!

Bisch

Comment

Up on the stand and finally settled in. Rain stopped and sun is beginning to shine thru. Wind switched on me and it is iffy, but doable if the deer don't change their routine. Can't switch stands as another guy is rifle hunting 75 yards from it.
                              This time I brought sweet feed and oats and spread them 1/4 mile away from my stand. Horses are on it. Hopefully it distracts them long enough to give me an afternoon of piece

Comment

Had one doe and yearling at 100 yrds. No one else saw anything.but that's hunting lol

Comment

Working...
                                X