Outtahand Charters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outtahand Charters

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Wow! What an experience!
    Without a doubt, my favorite fishing trip ever!
    Even the drive down to the Point au Chenes marina was exciting. We headed out of Houston on I10 and then dropped down highway 90 through Morgan City. Somehere along the way, we found ourselves on a long bridge which carried us through and above what looked like a flooded swampy forest. I wondered how many gators were below us. As we continued to cross bayous and canals, I couldn’t help but think it looked like a scene from a movie. We were definitely in the Cajun country of Louisiana.

Shane and his son were waiting for us at the marina. We loaded up and after a short boat ride we were at camp. Our home for the next few days was a wooden structure with expansive decks perched on tall pilings in the middle of the marsh. Very cool! You just have to see it!
    The camphouse had comfy bedrooms and all the amenities of home, including big screen TVs with satellite, cold AC, full kitchen, and BBQ grills. And beautiful views from the decks!
    We were fed like kings for the duration. For lunch one day, we had more blue crabs than we could eat, caught in traps right off the dock of the camp.

There were 2 boats available. A brand new gorgeous center console with all the electronics and gadgets. This was our fishing boat. And an also new flat bottom jon boat for shallow water bowfishing.

Our guides were awesome! Shane had grown up in the area and obviously knew every fishing spot to be known. I am a novice fisherman and they were very patient with me. Taught me a bunch.

The fishing was a blast! But my favorite was the bowfishing! There is not much more exciting than shooting a big redfish with an arrow and then bringing him in with a bow mounted reel. In just 3 hours, we had limited out on reds!

By the end, I knew that I had new friends for life. I felt more like family than a client.

The hospitality was southern, the facilities perfect, and the fishing fantastic. I cannot wait to return!

Sounds like an awesome time

Comment

Working...
    X