Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram Hunt?

Hey all -

Just got a call from my F.I.L in G-town telling me that he wants to see if we can kill a couple rams while I'm down there in December. He will gun hunt, I, of course, will be using my bow. Anyone got a suggestion for a good hunt where he'll have a decent chance? I was thinking my TT, but I don't know, I've heard both really good and really bad things. Plus, if there is something close to Georgetown, thats a bonus.

Thanks guys!!

Thompson Temple is a good Guy.
    some guys like his hunts, some dont.
    but to each there own Opinion - he is a good man to Know and very Honest.
    I am 99.999 % sure that you wont be able to get booked in by December. he STAYS booked up...

I Run Ram and Hog Hunts on Several Different Ranches.. within 1-2 Hours of San Antonio and/or Austin. Give me a Call we can put something together for you.. (although i cannot compete w/ TT $190 pricing)

JIM RABY
    210-772-4746

Comment

Rams

Not to take anything away from Jim, but I hunted with a ranch in Mountain Home that had very good rams. The ranch is the Love Ranch www.loveranches1.com. Bobby is the owner/guide and he was very accomodating. My son took his first ram there last spring.

Hugh
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
        Not to take anything away from Jim, but I hunted with a ranch in Mountain Home that had very good rams. The ranch is the Love Ranch www.loveranches1.com. Bobby is the owner/guide and he was very accomodating. My son took his first ram there last spring.

Hugh
        Nice looking animals on his site..looks $$$$$$$$$ and since the prices are not posted makes me really think $$$$$$$$$ can you say what your son's ram hunt cost?

Derek

Comment

I'd be interested in the cost as well...thanks!

Comment

Bobby worked out a deal with my son as he has prices for kids. He was not high priced, but definately above TT prices. Jay's sheep scored a gold medal in ROE and was in line with ranches of that area.

I don't want to say what his prices are now as I haven't been back since March. Just call him and tell him you talked to me and I spoke highly of him. He also has lodging available.

Hugh

Comment

TT is always a good hunt

I agree that Thompson Temple is a good man. He takes very good care of his guests and the rams are always plentiful. I have been there 3 times, usually during spring break due to school. I have had 100% success on all hunts. My first trip I slammed a corsican and a white dall. My second trip I took a black hawiian, and the third was a rambo ram (aka merino). All of my hunts i chose to spot and stalk as opposed to sitting by feed. I would recommend this hunt to anyone!!!

Comment

Thomson Temple is a fun place to get away with some Buddy's for a weekend to hang out but if i were you i would maybe look around before you make up your mind. You wont be disappointed with TT if you don't want to come home empty handed but the quality of rams there is pretty poor all around. If you want to shoot a larger one they range in price according to ear tags. Three of us went and we all got one with a bow and had a great time getting away but i wish we would have spent a little more and went somewhere else that was a little more of a hunt. The rams that were bigger did not impress me enough to spend $500 on them and i think they just brought off a feed lot cause they were not scared at all! One of the best ones we saw was laying down and let us walk right up to him before he got up and slowly walked away kinda like a cow haha. The smaller ones we actually had to hunt a little but still its pretty canned especially if you rifle hunt. We tried to make it as much of a hunt as we could and "stalked" up on the rams but still it wasn't to tough to get within 25 yards. The ranch is a great place for the beginning bowhunter to get there first kill but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a challenge. Iv never been on another ram hunt so i dont have much to compare it with but i wouldnt go back.

Comment

Working...
                X