Bow quiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow quiver

Most of the bow quivers out there for trad bows have there advocates. I have always liked a sturdy hood and one that has room for the BH's. I have liked the hood that EW Bateman offered on his quivers.

I tried a two piece insert mounted quiver on my Super Diablo recurve, but with the bigger hood it kept vibrating loose. No mas! So, I got the idea to "morph" my own quiver. I took a EW Bateman hood and a Great Northern gripper. I went to Lowes and bought a piece of aluminum strap and went to bending. I made the gripper mount piece and drilled it for the three screws from the GN gripper. I then JB welded that to the strap.

It kinda reminds me of the quivers offered by Robertson back in the 1980's. it is attached to inserts in the bow and there is no rattle to it. i have painted the strap speckled grey and black since these photos.

Pretty cool! nice work!
    Jon

Comment

Great job! That's as custom as it gets.

Comment

Looks nice!

Comment

Nice work, ought to work good as any!

LD

Comment

That's pretty neat, Jeff! I am a Great Northern guy, and they are the only quiver I use any more. If there is one gripe I would have about the GN, it would be that the hood needs to be just a tad bigger to accomadate the 1 1/2" wie BH's I use!

Bisch

Comment

I like that

Comment

Why not make it a two piece quiver? You can cover all of the aluminum with thin leather for a more trad look.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonheart View Post
                  Most of the bow quivers out there for trad bows have there advocates. I have always liked a sturdy hood and one that has room for the BH's. I have liked the hood that EW Bateman offered on his quivers.

I tried a two piece insert mounted quiver on my Super Diablo recurve, but with the bigger hood it kept vibrating loose. No mas! So, I got the idea to "morph" my own quiver. I took a EW Bateman hood and a Great Northern gripper. I went to Lowes and bought a piece of aluminum strap and went to bending. I made the gripper mount piece and drilled it for the three screws from the GN gripper. I then JB welded that to the strap.

It kinda reminds me of the quivers offered by Robertson back in the 1980's. it is attached to inserts in the bow and there is no rattle to it. i have painted the strap speckled grey and black since these photos.

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                  Why not make it a two piece quiver? You can cover all of the aluminum with thin leather for a more trad look.
                  See bold text above!

Bisch

Comment

I guess I messed that part. Loctite.

Comment

Jeff, you have some great ideas i seen that quiver the day you put the rest on my bow, i found the same bow a lefty on ebay and am considering getting it

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                        I thought about covering the aluminum strap with leather and lacing the edge with artificial sinew, the way Selway does there insert riser mount quiver. That is something I could do.

Instead, I just painted it with grey black speckled BBQ paint. I will get a picture it looks better now. I kinda like the look of it now, it is fitting for the age of the Super Diablo bow, as in the late 80's early 90's most would have a shot a quiver something like this, because you "trad" quivers were so limited.

The two piece gave me fits coming loose. I tried thread tape, and different inserts. This has resolved that issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X