No announcement yet.

Will He Survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is in really poor shape. I agree with others that if he made it through February then he should have a good chance of making it with the spring green up.
    It doesn’t look broken so I don’t feel that he will be a freak next year. I think that his rack will be down some. He will be putting a lot of energy towards building his body back up to where it needs to be at the expense of his rack.

Comment

Really tough to say but you know that deer have an amazing will to live. Hopefully he bellies up to a protein feeder and puts some weight back on, getting back to normal shape. Great looking deer and would be a tough one to lose.

Comment

Too late to worry about it.

i personally think he makes it, he's eating and standing tall so i bet he will be fine

Comment

I hope he makes it

He looks bad but like others have said he is eating so maybe he will pull through

Comment

Seems some deer die from what appears to be minor injuries and others survive major trauma. I can never guess.

If any consolation we had a buck couple yrs. ago that looked much like yours. Skin and bones. Had taken an antler up the rear and also seemed he couldnt crap. Could hardly walk. my partner killed him with archery the following yr. scoring 176"[ slightly larger than the previous yr.] . Sported a cool drop tine as well.

Hope he makes it.

Comment

Nice deer. I bet he makes it!

Comment

One word: SHOOT HIM

Comment

You should dip an arrow in antibiotics and then inject him with it....

Comment

We had one with the lower part of leg broke off and looked worse than this one and he survived, he was a young deer though.

Comment

Peyton, have you seen this deer since the photos where taken?

Rwc

Comment

I haven't seen him, but he wasn't a predictable buck before he was injured.

Comment

I truly hope I'm wrong, but he's looking rough. One of our guys was filling feeders yesterday & had to haul a carcass out of a feed pen. Pulled the card to see that the buck (fortunately not much potential) did not leave that pen for 3 days...before dying. Hopefully your story will have a better ending...plz keep us posted on any sighting!

Comment

Coyotes are likely to get him

Comment

Hey he will be there this November he's eating and still hanging around

Comment

Awesome buck. I hope he recovers and you see him next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X