feed me some tuning knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feed me some tuning knowledge

Ok so I bought a new Bowtech experience today, before you bash on my new bow cause I know many opinions on it. I had an Insanity last year and I really liked it alot but didn't care for the brace height and honestly wanted an insanity that was true neutral riser 7" BH and a slightly smoother draw cycle would have been nice. Thanks Bowtech.
    Ok so I ran out of time at the bow shop as I had promised my fiance a date tonight. Well before I left I had it shooting perfect bullet holes through paper with veins and bare shaft. So when I got home and I was waiting on her and shot a few broadheads and they are shooting about an inch right at 15ish yards. So my question is not that I have yoke tuned it for the paper should I continue to paper tune the broadheads or ever so slightly bring them together with rest adjustments. Rest movement would not correct the paper tear we had to do yoke tuning.
    I'm shooting beaman ICS hunters 400 spine cut to 27 1/2" tipped with 100 gr Razor tricks.
    Bow is set at 27 1/2 and 60.5 lbs.
    What y'all think?

That is a pretty stiff arrow for that length and draw weight. Rest tuning before yoke tuning I would think should get them in line.

Comment

If it was me, I'd set your centershot where you want your rest to be.

Then yoke tune the BH's and FP's to hit the same POI.

I don't value paper tuning much on bows you plan to hunt with. It seems to be a back and forth game that's rather cumbersome unless your spine and grip is absolutely perfect.

I think your spine is good on your arrows. Some may say otherwise but that's what I shoot at the same specs with bows very similar and have never had issues.

Comment

Also, check for top cam lean at full draw and see if there's any present. If there is then find out if putting twists in the yoke to straighten out the cam will correct the BH to FP flight.

I hope that makes sense, it does in my head! lol

Comment

Try the rest adjustment first.
          Having to be in the vicinity of a bowpress to BH tune a bow, (after timing and paper-tuning), is really a PITA.
          Harness tuning the bow to paper-tune (should), allow you to BH tune with fine rest adjustments.
          Hopefully hand position is proper, and torque is minimal.
          It sounds to me like your shop has harness tuned it very close, although after a few hundred shots it is very likely small tweaks will need to be made.

Comment

Working...
          X