3D Arrows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Arrows??

What are some good ones? I'm shooting my Victory V3 (hunting arrows) right now. I have a short DL (27") and am pulling 67 pounds. Any suggestions?

Gold Tip 22's, Carbon express CXL2, Carbon express Line Jammer. Or harvest HT4. I believe that you can find any of those at CCR.

Comment

Iike the gold tips velocity or the ultra lights....man Thoes arrows smoke

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.543793,-98.494119

Comment

My Drenalin shoots 260 FPS +-. I'm pretty close to getting a new Strother and I'm certain it will shoot faster. Don't wanna get past that 280 mark....

Comment

Any of the above mentioned would work great with 100grain tips in them. You just have to make sure your speed stays under 288fps for ASA shoots. Most shooters set theirs up to shoot 278-282fps incase chronograph is reading high that day.
          Also look at the Easton Fatboy 400. I shoot 28"dl at 61lbs with 100gr tips and arrows weigh 365grains at 27 1/2"long and shoot 282fps.

Comment

Build you a light ,fast arrow and then take some weight off to get to 280. For fat shafts, Fatboy .500, GT Ultralights both would allow you to shoot around 57-60 lbs and maintain speed limit.
            Easton ACC are tough and a little smaller diameter, 3-28 or 3-39 would give you arrows in the 300-325 gr range

Comment

Dang....Thanks for making me even more confused. LOL. Just kidding. I don't own a scale. Guess I need one huh?

Comment

Kelsey, Gold Tip 22s are a dang good arrow for 3d like stated above. I shoot the Gold Tip X Cutters and at 28" they are 347 grains total. With my new bow they should be shooting a little over the 280 mark. Does the lumber yard in abilene have any fatter arrows for you to play with?

Comment

What class do you plan on shooting?

Comment

I second the suggestion to go see mark at the lumber yard. I am sure he can work out something for you to shoot that will get you where you want to be.

And I got some gold tip 22s you can try out if I can find a way to get them to you.
                    Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 02-03-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
                      Kelsey, Gold Tip 22s are a dang good arrow for 3d like stated above. I shoot the Gold Tip X Cutters and at 28" they are 347 grains total. With my new bow they should be shooting a little over the 280 mark. Does the lumber yard in abilene have any fatter arrows for you to play with?
                      Derek, they have a lot of arrows at Abilene Lumber. To be honest, I never paid much attention to see if they had any 3D ones. I'll have to go see Mark White up there. Thanks.

Comment

I shoot easton litespeeds 400. 28" dl 60lbs 85grain tips 282fps

Comment

Originally posted by clicker1 View Post
                          What class do you plan on shooting?
                          I'm only in Novice right now. Last week was my first shoot. I took 5 arrows and came back with all of em.

Comment

Mark White will fix you up. Just tell him what what your setup is. DL, poundage, bow model. He shoots 3D and is very familiar with what would work good for you.

Comment

My vote:

GT22's, CXL Pros, Fatboys

Comment

Working...
                              X