Pancakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pancakes?

I need a GOOD recipe for scratch pancakes. I've exhausted the interweb and can't find one I like.

Don't know any completely from scratch but I use Krusteaze brand mix and I like to throw in a little cinnamon and vanilla extract. They turn out awesome.

Comment

I want them to have a nice, soft consistency. Somewhat pliable, I guess.

I've not found a mix that produces that.

Comment

Pioneer will. Also, if they are cooked in crisco, it makes the edges kind of crispy and they taste way better. It's like an old school pancake or flapjack!

Comment

Cook them at a lower temp - high temps will create that stiff outside.

Also do not over mix the batter - makes them tough.

Comment

This recipie creates the best pancakes I've ever eaten... As stated before, the key is to not over-beat the batter for light and fluffy pancakes. This calls for blueberries, but they are not necessary at all.

2 cups all-purpose flour
            1/4 cup sugar
            2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
            1/2 teaspoon baking soda
            1/2 teaspoon salt
            2 eggs
            2 cups buttermilk
            1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus some for frying
            1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen

Serving suggestions: whipped cream and maple syrup

In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix, see Cook's Note*.

Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.

Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup.

*Cook's Note: Over mixed batter will result in flat, heavy pancakes.
            Last edited by Split Arrow; 11-17-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I want them pliable so that I can fold them around link sausage without any trouble.

I'll try yours, SA. Thanks.

Comment

Here are the ones that I have made for years.

1 egg beaten not whipped.
                1 cup flour
                1 cup milk
                3 teaspoons baking powder...not baking soda.
                1/2 teaspoon salt
                1 tablespoon sugar
                2 tablespoons oil

Beat the egg and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Do not mix to much or it will make them flat. Just make sure all of the ingredients are mixed and flour is absorbed. Cook on a medium heat non stick pan. They should fluff up to about a 1/4 inch high.

Comment

oatmeal pancakes are my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                    I want them pliable so that I can fold them around link sausage without any trouble.

I'll try yours, SA. Thanks.
                    No prob, let me know how they turn out!

Comment

my wife makes pumpkin pancakes easy but boy oh boy they are tasty on the trail.recipe is on the web,.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                        This recipie creates the best pancakes I've ever eaten... As stated before, the key is to not over-beat the batter for light and fluffy pancakes. This calls for blueberries, but they are not necessary at all.

2 cups all-purpose flour
                        1/4 cup sugar
                        1/2 teaspoon baking soda
                        1/2 teaspoon salt
                        2 eggs
                        2 cups buttermilk

In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix, see Cook's Note*.

Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.

This sounds good.

Comment

Jiffy Cornbread mix makes a nice pancake or waffle!

Comment

Add about a tablespoon of peanut butter to any recipe if you like them fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post

2 cups all-purpose flour
                              1/4 cup sugar
                              1/2 teaspoon baking soda
                              1/2 teaspoon salt
                              2 eggs
                              2 cups buttermilk

This is the exact recipe we use too

Comment

Working...
                              X