got started today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got started today

Well I got home today from work before dark and got to shoot my new recurve for the first time. I got the martin rebel at #50. I really like it. It seems smooth and pretty quiet. I took your advice and set my bag up at 10 yrds. and shot about 50 times. I only missed the bag 5 times which was rather suprising and my best groups were 3 arrows in about 10inch diameter. I guess it just takes practice.

Practice, practice and practice some more. You can never shoot enough arrows with trad equipment. I try and shoot about 100 arrow per day and still don't shoot well enough to suit me. When hunting, I try and keep my shots within 15 yds.

Good luck. Just don't loose your focus.

Doug Kedy

Comment

keep your practice fun. shoot at cans or what ever. you have to learn to live for the good shots and get over the bad. ( poor fellow has no ideal what he is getting his self into)

Comment

excellent, the practice is part of the fun.

Comment

Just keep shooting and shooting and shooting........

Comment

Take ya some 20 oz coke bottles and hang them about knee high from bushes and other limbs. Shoot at them with JUDOS or blunts. Talk about fun.

Would it be oppressive of me to echo the "practice, practice, practice" chant?

Comment

thans alot...the guy that sold me the bow at bass pro said look man its got a place to put a sight on it...I replied that was the whole point of traditional isnt it. not to use sights?

Comment

Buff...Think he will be look'in for a new Widow in the future? When the bug bites, he will...

Comment

a couple of widows, a few Bob Lees and a Palmer or 2 then he will know the pain we live with.

Comment

Working...
                  X