New arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arrows

I haven't bought any in a few years and I bought some of the Cabelas arrows last time around and they didn't seem to group as well. The chart says I am right at the 340/400 split. I probably will go with an Easton product (carbon) but not sure weather to go with the 340 or the 400. Not to mention the Axis or the Epic. I'm shooting 400s now and that has worked okay for the last 7 years but wonder if the 340 would work better/worse. How will it effect speed, accuracy, penetration and noise? I know you have the experience to give me a wider point of view.

If you are on the line between the 2, I would lean towards the more stiffer spine of the 2, the 340's. 340's may be a little heavier, which will help in penetration and be a little bit more forgiving becasue of the stiffer spine.

Comment

I agree, if there is a question, error on the stiff side. They will be quieter and you will get better penetration using the 340's. The Axis will also add to the better penetration due to the smaller diameter.

Comment

I was hoping for this type of input. I will sacrifice a few feet of arrow speed to gain in other areas. It seemed my knowledge base was wider when aluminum arrows were the norm and I shot 3 different arrows for different needs but I don't shoot 3D anymore and only shoot on a private range so I need a little more help now and then. Thanx.

Comment

Working...
        X