No announcement yet.

elevated rest on a recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you put the rest on, you can cover the entire rest with Moleskin or very thin pigskin and not have the issues of the rest coming off. With a weather rest, I would never use tape. Pull that double sided tape off, (gets you closer to center shot), clean with denatured alcohol and glue on with Barge cement. Then cover it as above. You will not have the issues of the rest falling off and the entire shelf area is quiet. Just food for thought.

Comment

A DIY rest many of us used back in the day won a bunch of trophies - brass and otherwise.

Take a hard bristle toothbrush, cut the handle off it, then trim the back down a bit to where you can easily insert it into the riser after having cut a notch into it the exact size of the remaining toothbrush. This worked for a lot of guys for a long time. Not sure why it seems not to be used anymore.

Comment

Here is one with a calf hair cover.

Comment

Jeff and i are going to meet up and he is going to put one on my bow i really appreciate this gesture!!! thats what TBH is all about i can tell you so many stories of how TBH has been good to me. After we take care of the bow we are going to do some mountain bike riding gonna be alot of fun. i do have the 2 bear weather rests coming im gonna put them in my archery box as i have a feeling this ttothbrush rest is going to work!!!

Comment

Pretty cool!

Comment

Whatever works, I say.

I have gone the opposite direction, and am shooting off bare wood on my longbows, and it works for me.

But I would go to an elevated rest in a NewYork minute if it improved my shot.

Joe

Comment

thats my reasoning for wanting to try elevated rest. ive been shooting my trad bows around 10 years, i havent been totally dedicated to it only shoot a few arrows a week hunt with it some but personally ive acomplished about everything i want to with a compound i feel i need to challenge myself and as stated ive got some kills i am pleased with that but stil in 3-D shoots im in the lower half and i havent gotten any better just a little more consistant 20 and beyond gives me fits on the 3-d course i know i have things to clean up and work on but want to go the elevated route at first

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonheart View Post
                  You shoot a Black Widow, those guys know how to grind a shelf to get clearance! Probably the best out there. IMHO.

Buff with your track record on taking game, well my friend, you have no reason to change!
                  Black Widow Bow Co makes the best recurve arrow shelfs out there.

Comment

If you decide to go with an elevated rest, you might also try the" bear shoot around rest ". It's about the same price as the weather rest, but has a flexible side plate making it a little more spine tolerant.

Comment

Working...
                    X