Best shrimp recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best shrimp recipes?

What is your best shrimp recipe? Also, how do you cook red fish? We just got back from the coast and shrimp is on the menu tonight, so give me some input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a search for shrimp and grits. My family loved it.

Comment

my suggestion.....

either do a blackened redfish , or redfish on the half shell

then prepare a tasso , shrimp cream sauce (pic below) and generously top the fish

here's the topping on a fried soft shell crab and blackened redfish

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 10-25-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

My favorite redfish recipe is to cook chunks of redfish in butter in a saute pan until done. Add a jar of alfredo sauce, cover and simmer for 20 minutes and serve over rice. Easy and tastes great. I have used both Bertolli's and HEB brand of alfredo..

Comment

redfish-lay the fillet skin down on a pan slice some lemon and place on top with a little butter, sprinkle alittle tony's to get that cajun spice, dice some cilantro and throw on top of fish. Cook in oven at 375 until fish is done.
          shrimp- I love peeling them, cut down their back and get the black "stuff" out. Slice some jalapeno and onion. If you can find some pepperjack cheese or cheese that can take being grilled and stay in the shrimp use it. Wrap the shrimp with the onion, jalapeno, and cheese with a big thick piece of Wrights bacon. grill until done, easy and delicious!!

Comment

My favorite way to eat large shrimp is to grill them. First, I remove the head, legs, and bottom section of the shell (leaving it on the sides and back but loosening it from the body). Then dip in melted butter, lemon, and chopped basil. Then liberally season with Fiesta "Uncle Chris" steak seasoning (getting it up under the shell) and put in a metal bowl and put in the fridge. the butter will harden back up.

When it is time to grill just grab each shrimp with the hardened butter & seasoning and drop it on the grill and turn individually with tongs as they cook. I put the metal bowl in the grill too and melt the remaining butter/lemon/basil. I also put a pewter tray in the grill and as each shrimp gets done drop it on the tray so it stays warm but doesn't overcook, then pour the last of the melted marinade over the finished shrimp.

Grilling them in the shell like that gives them a much deeper and richer flavor.

Comment

Tasso?

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              my suggestion.....

either do a blackened redfish , or redfish on the half shell

then prepare a tasso , shrimp cream sauce (pic below) and generously top the fish

here's the topping on a fried soft shell crab and blackened redfish

[IMG] How do you Make the Tasso? Looks Awesome! Let me know
              http://photos.imageevent.com/bowhuntermls/deepfriedsirloin/websize/DSC00044_1.JPG[/IMG]
              How do You Make the Tasso? Looks Awesome and want to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                How do You Make the Tasso? Looks Awesome and want to try it.
                I buy it at the store

Savoie's is a local meat packaging company and they sell a 5 lb. box of "extras" for $7 .... the box will last me 3-4 weeks as I cook with tasso all the time .... eggs, grits, gravies, etc..... incredible flavor

normally 1 lb sells for $3-4 at the supermarket

Tasso ham is a specialty of Cajun cuisine. It is a spicy, peppery version of smoked pork made from the shoulder butt. In this case, "ham" is a misnomer, since tasso is not made from the hind leg of a pig. This cut is typically fatty and, because the muscle is constantly used by the animal, has a great deal of flavor. The butt, which will weigh 7 to 8 pounds, is sliced across the grain into pieces about 3 in / 7.5 cm thick. These are dredged in a salt cure, which usually includes nitrates and sugar. The meat is left to cure briefly, only three or four hours, then rinsed, rubbed with a spice mixture containing Cayenne pepper and garlic, and hot-smoked until cooked through.

Tasso is used as part of a flavor base for stews or braised vegetables. It is used in dishes ranging from pasta to crab cakes, soup to gravy. Appropriate to its roots, tasso is most often found in recipes of southern or Cajun/Creole origin, such as jambalaya.

Comment

I ain't never seen any Tasso in Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    I buy it at the store

Savoie's is a local meat packaging company and they sell a 5 lb. box of "extras" for $7 .... the box will last me 3-4 weeks as I cook with tasso all the time .... eggs, grits, gravies, etc..... incredible flavor

normally 1 lb sells for $3-4 at the supermarket

Tasso ham is a specialty of Cajun cuisine. It is a spicy, peppery version of smoked pork made from the shoulder butt. In this case, "ham" is a misnomer, since tasso is not made from the hind leg of a pig. This cut is typically fatty and, because the muscle is constantly used by the animal, has a great deal of flavor. The butt, which will weigh 7 to 8 pounds, is sliced across the grain into pieces about 3 in / 7.5 cm thick. These are dredged in a salt cure, which usually includes nitrates and sugar. The meat is left to cure briefly, only three or four hours, then rinsed, rubbed with a spice mixture containing Cayenne pepper and garlic, and hot-smoked until cooked through.

Tasso is used as part of a flavor base for stews or braised vegetables. It is used in dishes ranging from pasta to crab cakes, soup to gravy. Appropriate to its roots, tasso is most often found in recipes of southern or Cajun/Creole origin, such as jambalaya.

Thanks for the help. Now how do you make the shrimp creme sauce. Looks awesome and my girlfriend loves shrimp. Recipe please!

Comment

Working...
                    X