Trad Hunt in Oklahoma w/pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Hunt in Oklahoma w/pics!

I did not get drawn this year but a guy sent me the link. He noted this year as been awfully slow with only one more hunting weekend left. Anyway, check out these monsters!!!!

some great deer there, very intertaining.

Comment

Next year we need to get together as a group and each send in for the drawing and try to make it a group hunt.

Comment

I tried to draw this year. I wonder if they have a point system like Wyoming?

Comment

I WILL be able to shoot by then...well, at least as well as I could shoot before the accident!

Sounds like a good idea for a group hunt.

Comment

I'll do it. I wanted to try this year but I did not understand the requirements very clearly. One thing I wasn't sure of was the cost to try and get drawn. Who has the skinny on it?

Comment

you have to buy a 5 day small game license to put in for the drawing.

Comment

I'm game. I like the rabbit hunting over around Hugo lake anyway. Been a while.

Comment

I'm in to go if we can do a group permit application. I have always had better luck getting drawn on group applications in the past. Would be a fun trip.

Comment

The group idea may have some merit! Any questions you have are just a phone call away. Those biologist actually pick up the phone and visit with ya. I have been twice as noted but the last two years I have had zero draw luck. Not many out of state folks even attempt......not sure why?

Comment

Final tally numbers from the McAllester Ammunition Depot for 6 hunts with trad equipment!
                      Remember, this year was considered a SLOW year on the base because of warm tempertures during all 6 hunts!!!
                      In my opinion not to bad for a trad get together! 18 deer taken per hunt!
                      64 Bucks (10 P&Y)
                      43 Does

Comment

Wow that is impressive....

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        you have to buy a 5 day small game license to put in for the drawing.
                        ....or the full NR hunting license. Applicants must have a current OK license to apply. Might be a good idea to find/book a small game or hog hunt for a particular weekend and make a hunt.

Comment

There were a bunch of deer that just missed P&Y too. The harvest was down a little because of some of the new rules they put into place this year to help the herd. No free pass for next year by shooting a doe (which means more people will get drawn next year). Also they insituted a rule that your first buck has to be over 120" before you are allowed to harvest the second buck. This protected a bunch of the smaller deer that get whacked.
                          That and they think that the base can sustain a larger population of deer, which is why they eliminated the doe quality pass.
                          Heard the hogs were bad this year and that they hope to trap a bunch now that season is over on the base
                          If anyone ever has questions about McAAP and you can't get a hold of Bill or Ryan, just let me know. I talk to Ryan all of the time and go hunting with him a bit too.

Comment

Me and 'Rover plan on makin a crack at it next year.. Maybe by then I can find a weak enough **** arrow that longbow likes...

Comment

Working...
                            X