Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    Howa mini action 6.5 grendel, $450 from brownells
    Lop the barrel off to 16" at Class 3 machining $100 or so.

I came pretty close to buying a CZ 527 in 6.5 grendel the other day with the intention of SBRing it and cutting it down to 12 or so inches, just past the forend. Didn’t really have any use for it, but would be a cool little truck gun with a can on the end. Ended up talking myself out of it since I’ve got way too many projects going right now. Lol

Comment

This thread has cost me money lol

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
        This thread has cost me money lol
        Same here, getting parts for a 338 Federal build now.

Comment

Not the lightest thing in the world but I can backpack it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jnors06 View Post
            [ATTACH]1071538[/ATTACH]

If a contender/encore is what you are after there are 1000's of them out there. I picked up my contender last december for $400.00 on the cabelas used rack. It has a MGM 16" barrel chambered in 300 black out. Absolutely love the little rifle. I am considering finding a stock set similar to what you posted above.
            ive been looking for this exact rifle for far too long

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter1 View Post
              Do you have one you want to sell?
              PM on way...My cousin has one for sale in the Harper/Kerrville area BNIB.

Comment

Here’s a Ruger mini-14 I had cut down to 16” and threaded. Added an A-TM stock which makes for a small package when folded.
                Attached Files

Comment

I realize this blows your budget 2x over, but it does check all the other boxes Just put this one together as a demo to give the new MDT HNT26 chassis a try. This one is a 6.5CM on an AnTI with a 18" proof. Really cool little setup I think. Sorry for the poor quality pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    I realize this blows your budget 2x over, but it does check all the other boxes Just put this one together as a demo to give the new MDT HNT26 chassis a try. This one is a 6.5CM on an AnTI with a 18" proof. Really cool little setup I think. Sorry for the poor quality pics.

Looks amazing. That chassis seems to check all the right boxes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Savage entering the market now if you wanted to SBR one. Just wish they made barrel little longer like a 12-14”

The 110 PCS is the new Savage pistol chassis system. It combines compact performance with the Model 110's reputation for accuracy and reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This doesnt check all of your boxes but an XP100 platform would be awesome in a 7-08 IMO.

Not my pic but gets the point across.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          I’m thinking of cutting a 223 or 308 bolt action to roughly 14” and welding a QD for my suppressor to get the overall length to 16”. I think it’s be extra handy, and I could skip another stamp.
                          Been milling around idea of getting my .308 encore SBRed to 12" to be super short. But think I am going to go this direction instead. About to put a rugged Micro 30 or Radiant in jail in January. With the R3L flash hider they make for it I can cut barrel down to 14" and pin and weld it for a super super short little rifle. At 14" barrel with rifle stock and in 5" can configuration should be able to keep it down to less than 32" total length for the whole gun and less than 35" in the long can configuration.

So basically would turn out same length as a fully collapsed 16" AR-15 carbine. Would be pretty slick for a truck gun at that length running 150gr SST or ballistic tip style bullets to get good expansion at the lower velocity.

This thread also has me looking at getting one of those new savage impulse predator in .308 and cut it down to 14" pin and weld it to use as a thermal host for hogs with 12 rd mdt mags for it.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                            Been milling around idea of getting my .308 encore SBRed to 12" to be super short.
                            If I can get my hands on another rifle frame, I'll be doing this as well. Just had my 22-250 barrel cut & threaded. Waiting on a Trijicon Accupoint now but I'm excited to see how it shoots suppressed.

Would also love get my hands on a pistol frame to add a brace and a 12-15" 308 barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
                              this is what I got suppressed

sorry, but NOT light weight. bull barrel
                              it does weigh a lot.
                              Man I like that. Any idea where I can find one?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                                Man I like that. Any idea where I can find one?
                                I got it at Armed in America in Bulverde, Tx.

Comment

Working...
                                X