No announcement yet.

How many 22-250 hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 Remington 700’s in 22-250... I plan on hunting coyotes after deer season...

Comment

I bet y’all go bear hunting with a switch too !

Comment

I'm not even sure my 22-250 is zeroed right now. This thread has me wanting to zero and at least blow the brains out of a doe this year.

Comment

Some folks act like a deer is tough to kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have hunter with one many times.

I have always been a neck shooter all my life. I have not shot as many as Chance, but in the multiple hundreds (as on easily +500) of deer this way (gotta love MLD cull hunts).

I did have an instance where I had one get away. Shot it in the neck at about 30-40 yards. Knocked it over, only to have him get up and run off.

That being said, I have one do the same after shooting them with a 7mm mag. That one laid there for over an hour before it got up and ran off. Same situation where the shot was only 30-40 yards.

Moral of the story, you shoot enough deer, and you are going to have a weird situation sooner or later.

Only thing we could figure was that both of those rounds are know for speed and the short shot distances just didn’t play well with the performance of the bullets being used.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
              1,000 Wow
              let’s see…… 5 tags per year, 1000 deer, that’s 200 years!!

Comment

Have an older Remington 40x in .22/250. I've used it off and on for 40+ years to take deer. It's a 1/14 twist, so can't use heavy bullets, but there hasn't been a need...

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
                  :d let’s see…… 5 tags per year, 1000 deer, that’s 200 years!!
                  mld

Most I ever killed in one sit was 7. +25 in one weekend.

After a while it becomes work and sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    mld

Most I ever killed in one sit was 7. +25 in one weekend.

After a while it becomes work and sucks.
                    I killed 6 from one stand one evening.

The shooting was fun but dealing with them after was not.

I try and stop at 2-3 a day now.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                      I killed 6 from one stand one evening.

The shooting was fun but dealing with them after was not.

I try and stop at 2-3 a day now.
                      When we first got on MLD we had to kill 100 does one year, a couple of the guys killed 15 one evening..... needless to say they never did that again, it was a long night for them

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                        In the past month or so I’ve seen

9/10 tracking jobs 7 mag
                        9/10 tracking jobs 6.5
                        9/10 tracking jobs 22-250

Had a tough time finding one from a 22-250 last year even though it didn’t go that far, no blood. Fun round.
                        Interesting stats for sure, can you clarify something for me. I'm reading it as 90% of your tracking jobs have been related to each of the those you mentioned. I really am interested in the data...

Comment

Lots of good info here

Comment

Never had one until I was older. By that time there was no way it was going to replace my .280

But, my wife’s first three deer were all 22-250. I’m hoping one day our daughter will do the same. But There’s a 25/06 or a 7mm/08 for her shortly there after.

Comment

I've been shooting deer with my 22-250 for the last 14 yrs. My FIL built one years ago and gave it to me as a birthday present.
                              Rem 700 action, reworked trigger set at 1.5 lbs, bull barrel and a gorgeous wood stock.

It's not light by any means, but I can consistently punch the same hole at 100 yds. I just shoot a doe in the head and they don't go anywhere.

Comment

Killed many deer with one. It’s the only gun my wife will use. Every deer has died within 20 yards. Tonight was the first time she ever lost one. We are both in shock and heart broke about it still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X