Enchanted Rock Youth Gun Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    I have another question also. What type of blinds did/do they provide? Just a drug up brush blind? And what if the wind is not favorable? Can someone move to the other side of an area or bait?
    They provide pop up blinds and try to brush them in. At least the one I had was. They know where the deer are coming in so I would think twice about moving it around. The hunt manager says they get 400,000 visitors a year. The deer are not worried about your scent. But that seems so foreign to me I don’t know. Luckily the wind was always favorable for me.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by joelacz View Post
      Sorry to hear about the shoulder and busted hunt. It is good to hear that they bait the way they do. I grew up in the midwest. If people dont kill the deer then starvation will. Sounds like they really need animals off the property.
      Man I had no idea but they said gillespie and llano county have more deer than the rest of the counties combined. They want the population reduced badly.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
        How is the acorn crop inside the park? I assume since they have been feeding inside the park since September that they are hammering the corn!!
        I wasn’t around any oaks. They’re at different areas in the park so I cant say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Legs are height adjustable and removable, arm is rachet adjustable, and chair swivels. I hunt a lot of public in a lot of places. This chair will get used in other places too. I used just the chair last year when duck hunting. Super comfy. [ATTACH]1067399[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1067400[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1067401[/ATTACH]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
          That’s a good idea on the height adjustable legs. For the bow hunt the pop up blinds just weren’t tall enough for me. Or my chair was to high and not adjustable. Made for an awkward shot trying to bend down below the window opening.

Comment

Just some other pictures I took. They don’t do it justice the place is gorgeous. The first two are where I was hunting. Next to the pond.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
              Just some other pictures I took. They don’t do it justice the place is gorgeous. The first two are where I was hunting. Next to the pond.
              Beautiful looking place! Thanks for the pics and the feedback sir. Hope you get your shoulder injury resolved quickly. I had one in 2007-2008. And had to reduce my poundage to 32. Made it back to 40 by Oct 2008. And up to 60 by end of that season. I'm still at 58-62 pending the bow I'm shooting.

I hope you can still get out and hunt some this season. It doesn't really matter how.

"The true trophy is not in how big the animal is. But the memories made in acquiring it."- Texas Grown

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
              X