No announcement yet.

Cheap Aggie Feeder Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that is what I did. I had to stand on my ATV to reach the dern thing. I'm thinking of tying on an additional length so I won't have to stand on anything but solid ground.

Comment

Great idea!

I've been thinking about doing something like this for a long time. We have 20 feeders of various sizes and shapes to keep track of over 2 ranches. Other people also put corn in them, so it's a pain to track and it's hard to prevent them from occasionally going dry (usually 2 days before I hunt that feeder).

I wonder if you could cut a piece of metal slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the feeder barrel, tie the string to the middle of it and set it on top of the feed when you fill the feeder. As the feed level drops, the plate should ride down with the outside of the feed pile and stop at the top of the funnel. You could attach a golf ball to the end of the string outside and paint marks on the outside of the feeder like a fuel gauge. If you have a cell phone camera, you could see the feed level from your phone.

Comment

Great idea. May try it for fun.

I love the sight windows on the stand and fills.
        Is it hard to fit something see thru on a curved barrel ?
        I have several feeders to fill currently.

PS this corn price has me feeding lightly on most!

Comment

ha! so simple...awesome

Comment

Working...
          X