Tawakoni Pawnee Inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawakoni Pawnee Inlet

Anyone try this area lately? Any tips or suggestions? Considering trying it after striking out at Duck Creek last year…

Following interested in hearing about that as well

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you happen to try this place out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No, let me know if you do!

Comment

Will do

Comment

Headed out this Sunday to check it out. Looking at the map, seems to be a simi popular spot. I know duck cove has a bunch of shady people come through that area.

Comment

It'll be real popular opening weekend

Comment

Does it die down any? I see there’s 3 place to park around the area.

Comment

I have killed several doe on that unit. Seen a couple young bucks. Very low deer density area and the majority of the property is thick grown over cattle pasture. Tough hunting with lots of pressure u can’t get away from. Seems the majority of the hunters just stomp around the woods carrying a bow. I used to come in the back door via boat in the middle of the week and usually see deer. But a few years ago a large group of guys started running rabbits with dogs dang near every day. I had enough and quit going. If it’s your only option you can probably work hard enough to see some deer. If not then I would spend my time in greener pastures with higher deer numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogieman View Post
                    I have killed several doe on that unit. Seen a couple young bucks. Very low deer density area and the majority of the property is thick grown over cattle pasture. Tough hunting with lots of pressure u can’t get away from. Seems the majority of the hunters just stomp around the woods carrying a bow. I used to come in the back door via boat in the middle of the week and usually see deer. But a few years ago a large group of guys started running rabbits with dogs dang near every day. I had enough and quit going. If it’s your only option you can probably work hard enough to see some deer. If not then I would spend my time in greener pastures with higher deer numbers.
                    I would think it was a high density property with the bag limit being 3 deer (1B,2D). Most of the other WMAs I hunt are two total (1B,1D)

Comment

It slows down after gun season opens. Killed a couple of does year before last. Awful thick stuff in there for bow hunting.

Comment

What about the smaller piece off 34? I feel like the whole area isn’t the best for deer. But it’s the closest place I know of for the Dallas area and I don’t have a lot of time to get out. How are the pigs out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Therooster240g View Post
                          What about the smaller piece off 34? I feel like the whole area isn’t the best for deer. But it’s the closest place I know of for the Dallas area and I don’t have a lot of time to get out. How are the pigs out there?

I’m not trying to discourage you. Come on out and give it your best shot. I have lived in the area my entire life. 10 to 15 years ago that small piece on hwy 34 was mucho Bueno if you understood the rut, had patience, and put some time in a high odds stand. Now that spot has a giant power plant right in the middle of it. The neighboring private has better food, cover, and is hunted smart. Duck hunting became popular and now it’s one boat after another coming down the feeder creeks. Will say out of the 3 options Pawnee is probably your best bet to see something. Duck Cove is the worst. Absolutely can kill pigs on Pawnee. But it’s best a month after deer season ends and things calm down. Then u will have the place to yourself.

My saying this area isn’t very good does not mean deer are not killed every season cause they are. But to me it’s very low odds.

Comment

I will still be out this weekend to scout and hopefully run across some pigs. I don’t mind the challenge of it out there. I spent my first 2 years ( ever) hunting duck cove and that was terrible. Had sd cards stolen and never saw a deer. Had one guy climb a tree about 40 yards from where I was climbing. Got lucky last year with grapevine and was able to finally get a deer.

Comment

Went out and scouted a little bit this evening. Looks like the deer have been eating a lot of orange Osage.

Comment

Working...
                              X