No announcement yet.

Age this spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More recent pic. And I can confirm it’s not an antlered doe. He was in front of me for about an hour yesterday at 10yrds and he does in fact, have a large set on him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Not trying to steal the OPs Spike Thunder, but we had one in Blanco County last year no one will ever convince me was a young (1.5 yo) deer. We screwed up not whacking him. Thoughts?

Spike - YouTube
        That deer should’ve been shot.

Comment

3-4 yr old. Looks like sausage to me. Kill him.

Comment

Reminds me if south Tennessee deer- antlers dont give much indication of age at all. Especially when they grow horns on one side only - its weird to say for sure.

Comment

Man, I just don't know, this is a difficult one to judge. Orange and Newton County has a spike tag....just saying.

When you cover up those dinky spikes, he does look older, neck is thick at the body. Maybe its all that Sabine River bottom mud.
              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 10-06-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                Not trying to steal the OPs Spike Thunder, but we had one in Blanco County last year no one will ever convince me was a young (1.5 yo) deer. We screwed up not whacking him. Thoughts?

Spike - YouTube
                Man yall shoulda hammered him! Definitely not 1.5 or 2.5

Comment

Do you ever have any other deer with him to judge him against? Pictures with other deer?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                    Do you ever have any other deer with him to judge him against? Pictures with other deer?
                    I dont have any good pictures of him with other deer around, but I watched him along with a solid 4 yr opening morning and they're comparable in body size.

Comment

1st pic is a young deer, other pic is not.

Comment

Working...
                      X