McMullen County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McMullen County

So would like to have a biologist fly my lease and draw up a management plan. 12,000 acres. Where do I start and what does this typically run $$. We are not MLD and do not want to be.

Deer

Originally posted by sotx View Post
    So would like to have a biologist fly my lease and draw up a management plan. 12,000 acres. Where do I start and what does this typically run $$. We are not MLD and do not want to be.
    You don't need a biologist to fly over. You are just paying him to have a free ride.Surveys cost by the hour so the longer they are up there the more $$$$ out of your pocket.

Just do a flyover/ deer count and get your numbers and then talk to one.

JMO

Comment

Ryan Robbins out of Knippa. R And R. Chavi Flores out of Stonewall.

Comment

I’m a wildlife biologist and have worked up Managemant plans off surveys.
        In all honesty fly it and get a base line, and compare to what you see from blinds to see if it’s realistic. Lot of variables flying. Get your goals in line and make a plan. See it from both sides of the mld. But killing numbers non mld gets tough. Plenty of helicopter guys I have worked with in that area. Excel and amigo helicopters are right in that area and have r44s for surveys. Feel free to pm I would help you with what I can over the phone for free.

Comment

Working...
        X