Conditioning a tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditioning a tab

Hey guys. I've had this tab for several years. I'm using it again now and I noticed that it feels a little stiff and it squeaks when you move the leather at all. What's the best type of oil or conditioner to put on it to soften it and quieten it up?

Thanks.

Saddle soap, mink oil?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Saddle soap, mink oil?
      Thought about that ..was hoping to find something with a little less smell to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Thought about that ..was hoping to find something with a little less smell to it.
        We used shaving cream on baseball gloves. Is there an unscented? You may also try Vasoline.

Comment

Believe vaseline can be used

Comment

Maybe try something like this? not sure if it will help but its odorless apparently

Comment

Olive oil or coconut oil. Soak it, set it in sun to warm for a while, then wipe off any remaining surface oil with a soft rag. This is what we do to our saddles and bridles. (Just be aware, setting leather in the sun will darken it.)

Comment

Conditioning a tab

Coconut oil from the dollar store is what Rick told me to use on my tab I got from him. He said to do just like CamoQuest said above.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Bisch; 09-23-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks folks. Appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                  X