Chambers bowhunting question 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambers bowhunting question 2

Getting ready for a trip to Chambers at the end of the month. Does anyone know if they have a walk in cooler?

Also anyone been lately? What animals do you see?

Thanks

Brian

Let me know how it goes. Thinking of booking

Comment

Went to the other ranch they operate, they have a couple of deep freezers. Let me know how it goes for you.

Comment

Will do, heading out there Friday with my dad and brother.

Comment

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Post a live hunt if possible good luck!

Comment

Hope you are having a good hunt and better time doing it.

Comment

We had a great time. Weather was hot but manageable. The moon phase pooched us, but we still saw some good animals. I passed on a young 20in axis buck. I did end up shooting a monster pig, in the dark but didnt have my **** light on my bow. I have an elusive wildlife bow light which was doing me a lot of good sitting in my bag. Dustin trailed him with the dogs, said he was the biggest he had seen in a few years (250-300lbs). Was so big dogs wouldn't grab him, as they had been "wacked" before by large pigs. My dad and brother took does the next day. Both saw nice axis bucks but were there to shoot does.

We already booked again for August 11th. The big axis are still in velvet an haven't hit their rut yet. The moon will be perfect. Dustin, great guy, said there are some 37in guys running around.

Looking forward to going back, and feel comfortable recommending Chambers Bowhunting to anyone interested.

Brian

Comment

Pmd ya Brian

Comment

This was the guy that I let walk, still has some growing to do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180705-101931_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	24543962

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180705-101935_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	24543963

Comment

Originally posted by bswift355 View Post
                      Getting ready for a trip to Chambers at the end of the month. Does anyone know if they have a walk in cooler?

Also anyone been lately? What animals do you see?

Thanks

Brian
                      they do not have a walk in cooler,,, but I sure enjoy hunting there been doing it twice a year for 18 years! always see lots of whitetail, hogs and usually a lot of axis, lots of rams and a few sika but I do not see them very often,,,

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        they do not have a walk in cooler,,, but I sure enjoy hunting there been doing it twice a year for 18 years! always see lots of whitetail, hogs and usually a lot of axis, lots of rams and a few sika but I do not see them very often,,,
                        Well said

Comment

@bswift355,
                          How’s the hunting going out there? Any luck?

Comment

I hunted a long while back and remember sitting close to the water hole up front and a bunch of axis ran by me! I was in a blind on a trail by the wAter and looked 20 steps to a mountain lion walking by. He knew I was there and I sat still! I was last to be picked up so at dark I trotted all the way back! Everyone laughed and didn’t believe when I told them, but chambers asked why I didn’t shoot him. They jump the fence sometimes getting the animals. Still hate I did not shoot it!
                            The next year we killed a bunch of whitetail! I’d love to head and hunt it sometime.

Comment

Working...
                            X