Bend,Oregon recommendations please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bend,Oregon recommendations please.

My wife and I are looking at visiting Bend, Oregon this July. Anyone ever vacationed there? Where did you stay? Things to do? Thanks!

Not that far from Crater Lake.. so that is a must see. Dont know if the rim is blocked off anymore but you used to be able to literally stand on the edge and pee off of it into bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
      Not that far from Crater Lake.. so that is a must see. Dont know if the rim is blocked off anymore but you used to be able to literally stand on the edge and pee off of it into bottom.
      I did see that it was close. With my luck, I'd fall in!

Comment

There is a river running three bend it has man made rapids it is a good float. A lot of craft brew pubs there. There is a high desert museum not far from there. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by hbuck View Post
          There is a river running three bend it has man made rapids it is a good float. A lot of craft brew pubs there. There is a high desert museum not far from there. Hope that helps.
          Don't do it. That water is freaking cold!...LOL

Comment

We didn’t stay in Bend but stayed in Sunriver at the Sunriver resort... it’s about 20 min away from Bend. Great trip/town and people. There’s a ton of places to eat and things to do. I can’t remember the places we ate it but they were all recommend to us by locals. Not sure if y’all are willing to stay outside of Bend, but if y’all are i’d highly recommend Sunriver!

Comment

Bend is beautiful. Are you flying in to Portland and driving down? If so, you might consider driving down by a portion of the Hood River County Fruit Loop. Lots of great wineries, orchards and flowers stops to visit.

We went all over Oregon and only spent one night in Bend....I would have liked to have stayed a lot longer, for sure! Naked Winery, there, is a fun visit...their play on Wine Names is quite amusing.
              Last edited by Mary; 01-14-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Great golf course called Bandon Dunes not far from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                  Bend is beautiful. Are you flying in to Portland and driving down? If so, you might consider driving down by a portion of the Hood River County Fruit Loop. Lots of great wineries, orchards and flowers stops to visit.

We went all over Oregon and only spent one night in Bend....I would have liked to have stayed a lot longer, for sure! Naked Winery, there, is a fun visit...their play on Wine Names is quite amusing.
                  HAHAHAHAHA! You said NAKED! We are planning on driving and getting into the Bend area by Friday, July 24 and leaving the 27th to drive back. We hope to hit some sites both going and coming. Thanks for the information!
                  Last edited by Mary; 01-14-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I've thought of going there to visit some of the many breweries they have.

Comment

What was your thinking that makes a little town like, Bend, OR, worth driving 4-5 days to get to; staying 3 days, then driving 4-5 days to get home?

I'm just wondering why it is your destination city.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        What was your thinking that makes a little town like, Bend, OR, worth driving 4-5 days to get to; staying 3 days, then driving 4-5 days to get home?

I'm just wondering why it is your destination city.
                        The stepson is living there and momma wants to go see him. We will make a western state trip out of it for sure. Grand Canyon and other stuff for sure.

Comment

There is a small town called sisters not far from bend alot of shops and brew pubs and I think winery also. There is a good rodeo there on the 4 the.

Comment

Originally posted by hbuck View Post
                            There is a small town called sisters not far from bend alot of shops and brew pubs and I think winery also. There is a good rodeo there on the 4 the.
                            That's where we are looking at staying. Probably near the river.

Comment

Take a 4x4 as there are some neat off the beaten path places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X