X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends if the critter would look good up on the TPWD office wall![emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Antlered exotics dead on the side of the road is what the sawzall in the truck is for.

Any game warden sitting over a roadkill exotic needs to make better use of their time.

Comment

"State game warden chief of staff David Sinclair said that he made two cases in Kerr County involving motorists who intentionally ran over exotic deer (one axis and one sika) in order to take possession. Sinclair said he watched the drivers intentionally swerve off asphalt roads and into ditches to strike the animals."

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Why does this bother you so much? That Crockett/Pecos county warden hammer you for it or what?
          I've never been cited by a game warden. However I did hear that you and your dad got lucky on an occasion or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
            "State game warden chief of staff David Sinclair said that he made two cases in Kerr County involving motorists who intentionally ran over exotic deer (one axis and one sika) in order to take possession. Sinclair said he watched the drivers intentionally swerve off asphalt roads and into ditches to strike the animals."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2012...varmints-here/

Intentionally swerving into the bar ditch after the animal is “hunting”. Striking the animal with your vehicle is “taking”. Those are “Hunting on a Public Right of Way” cases.

I understood the OP to be asking: Is it legal to recover a roadkill Axis that was not intentionally “taken”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did y’all know that if you cut the head off a road kill buck, the buzzards wont touch it?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                I've never been cited by a game warden. However I did hear that you and your dad got lucky on an occasion or two.
                Excuse me? I’ve never broken a single game law.

If you want to take a shot like that with failure I suppose I can bring up the poaching situation off the Yates that you know about....was that your brother?

Comment

shots fired!

Comment

Excuse me? I’ve never broken a single game law.

If you want to take a shot like that with failure I suppose I can bring up the poaching situation off the Yates that you know about....was that your brother?
                    Yep. My brother made a bad decision to run around spotlighting coons when he had no permission to do so. Then his buddy’s kid went and shot a doe. My brother shouldn’t have been out doing that in the 1st place so I don’t have any sympathy. He got his citation and has paid for his mistake.

That being said, I don’t know if you’ve ever broken any game laws so I’ve never repeated any of those things I’ve heard about you. However once you insinuated that I’d been cited by the GW I figured I’d see how you’d feel if I ran my mouth the same way you’ve run your mouth about me in the past. Don’t pretend you haven’t told people that I was caught poaching despite not knowing whether or not it was true.

I have always followed the philosophy, “Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.” I just thought this would be a good opportunity to suggest you consider doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      Yep. My brother made a bad decision to run around spotlighting coons when he had no permission to do so. Then his buddy’s kid went and shot a doe. My brother shouldn’t have been out doing that in the 1st place so I don’t have any sympathy. He got his citation and has paid for his mistake.

That being said, I don’t know if you’ve ever broken any game laws so I’ve never repeated any of those things I’ve heard about you. However once you insinuated that I’d been cited by the GW I figured I’d see how you’d feel if I ran my mouth the same way you’ve run your mouth about me in the past. Don’t pretend you haven’t told people that I was caught poaching despite not knowing whether or not it was true.

I have always followed the philosophy, “Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.” I just thought this would be a good opportunity to suggest you consider doing the same.
                      Let people say what they want. I said what your brother did which was the truth. If people want to talk about me then so be it. People that know me know the truth. I asked a simple question on why you kept posting over and over about the roadkill topic. In no way shape or form did I accuse you of a **** thing. If you want to ask the person that told me about you and your brother then go talk to that warden. Not my problem. Nobody accuses me because they know I fly straight . Next time if you want to take a shot you better be ready to recieve one back and have your facts straight.

Comment

Let people say what they want. I said what your brother did which was the truth. If people want to talk about me then so be it. People that know me know the truth. I asked a simple question on why you kept posting over and over about the roadkill topic. In no way shape or form did I accuse you of a **** thing. If you want to ask the person that told me about you and your brother then go talk to that warden. Not my problem. Nobody accuses me because they know I fly straight . Next time if you want to take a shot you better be ready to recieve one back and have your facts straight.
                        Getting your facts straight is a good idea. You told people that I was poaching even when they argued with you in an attempt to set the record straight. People that know me know the truth and know I fly straight. I've never talked **** about you (even when I heard you were spreading rumors about me) because that's not the kind of person I am. But you came on here insinuating that the, "game warden [had] hammered [me] on it. It just seemed like the ideal opportunity to point out that I don't repeat the things I've heard about you and that you'd do well to show me the same courtesy.

Comment

Working...
                        X