Powderhorn Ranch video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
    Powder horn is a swamp most of the time...
    You say that like it is a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
      Nice place, but I would have liked to see that $14 million go to helping improve other existing parks and their infrastructure. Powder horn is a swamp most of the time...
      I would bet one of the major things they were looking at was protecting one of the fastest disappearing ecoregions in TX, Gulf Coast Prairies and Marshes. If they don't, I'm not sure who would step up and take care of 17,000+ acres.

Our future generations will enjoy this as well as countless species that are on the decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
        I would bet one of the major things they were looking at was protecting one of the fastest disappearing ecoregions in TX, Gulf Coast Prairies and Marshes. If they don't, I'm not sure who would step up and take care of 17,000+ acres.

Our future generations will enjoy this as well as countless species that are on the decline.
        This is exactly the aim. There is very little of this habitat remaining due to there being virtually no economic incentive in preserving/maintaining it. And with coastal property only really being affordable for real estate developers and heavy industry, there was never a chance for the state to pull of something like this. It was a combination of donors, non-profits, and BP trust fund money that made this deal happen.

Comment

I heard it was for sale. Im glad to see it went this route and not to someone that would chop it up and sell it off

Comment

Working...
          X