Alaska brown bears we've been busy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska brown bears we've been busy!!!

We'll I was hoping to start this real-time at the start of season but that didn't happen. Every Alaskan I know is red-eyed and burning the candle at both ends, fishing and chasing bears! I'll try to keep this in order and hopefully, my new texas buddy will chime in. We met on here and he ended up moving up and got to see a few bears up close! Going to keep this short tonight, headed to the Kenai in the morning to chase some sockeye!

A few pics of the family testing out the boat before season, mid May.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tradslam; 06-25-2022, 10:59 PM.

The season started slow, with minimal activity on baits. Things picked up after the holiday heres a few of the bears that showed up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tradslam; 06-25-2022, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Following, when does the season open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
        Following, when does the season open?

Already open. Some folks been chasing them on snow machines since late April/early May.

Good luck OP as you’re now finally a resident and can hunt those brownies. Sent you a PM as well.
        Last edited by diamond10x; 06-26-2022, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Those, are some healthy looking fellows....

Comment

Dont know much about bear hunting, never really been my cup of tea. But those sure look like some serious trophy quality animals to be chasing. Best of luck to you this season!!

Comment

The season opens July 1st in my area again.

I started hunting way to early this year (to excited lol). The last 10 days in May we logged over 100 hours on stand (actually on the ground). We saw one bear and I made a mistake thinking it was a different bear, but my first brown was on the ground. I’ll be honest he looked bigger eye to eye on the ground. Regardless of my mistake I was super pumped.

He squared right at 6’11 and is a 3/4 year old bear according to the biologist.

My area allows two brown bears, more to come 👍
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tradslam; 06-26-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Very nice…congratulations!

Comment

Gotta finish loading the truck to head out fishing. A teaser pic doesn’t hurt for my second brown bear, he’s a little bigger!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have joined Tradslam on the bear hunting. It is very challenging.
                    I have seen bears every sit. I am still a non resident but bought tags.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
                      I have joined Tradslam on the bear hunting. It is very challenging.
                      I have seen bears every sit. I am still a non resident but bought tags.
                      Feel free to fill everyone in 👍 it’s good to get a few different perspectives. Another green screener will be moving up in July.

Comment

You shot a teddy bear.

That would be an awesome life style up there to experience for awhile. Crazy a nonresident would spend $50k+ on two bears.

Comment

It’s one of the coolest places on earth, actually have service in camp here.

Comment

That’s living the dream for sure!! Congratulations

Comment

That black looks tiny!

Comment

Working...
                              X