Lawn mower suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn mower suggestions

There is a possibility I may have to buy a lawn mower in the near future.
    Current traditional mower is having transmission issues intermittently and the used one I bought to rehab is turning into a bigger project than planned.

So if you recently bought a new mower or are in the same boat as me, what would you suggest?
    Mowing about 2ac so no need for commercial grade, prefer American made, and don't want to spend $7000 on one either.

And 48-54" cut would be ideal

Hoping I don't have to end up buying one but making a plan C just in case

John Deere z trac 22 hp zero turn. Wife loves her mower. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't have a gas gauge.

Comment

Lots of great options out there. Pretty much all of the big names are great mowers and performance wise, you won’t go wrong with any of them.

HOWEVER…and maybe I’m biased.

Ferris for the win. I’ve been on several big brands of mowers and there’s not another one out there that compares to the comfort level of a Ferris. With my previous back issues, I had to have something that wouldn’t beat me up. As most people that live on 2+ acre lots know, most of these bigger lots aren’t sheets of glass like smaller residential lots. I’ve got bumps, dips, roots, yada yada. You’ve got to factor in comfort.

There is a dealer in Tyler also.

Comment

2ac will tear up a lower in mower, even a zero turn pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 48" Ferris and absolutely love it

Comment

I’ve been mowing the same 1.5 acres for twenty years with the same Hustler zero turn. Bearings in the deck, switches in the steering handles, carburetor cleanup, and oil changes/air cleaner is all that’s ever been done to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              Lots of great options out there. Pretty much all of the big names are great mowers and performance wise, you won’t go wrong with any of them.

HOWEVER…and maybe I’m biased.

Ferris for the win. I’ve been on several big brands of mowers and there’s not another one out there that compares to the comfort level of a Ferris. With my previous back issues, I had to have something that wouldn’t beat me up. As most people that live on 2+ acre lots know, most of these bigger lots aren’t sheets of glass like smaller residential lots. I’ve got bumps, dips, roots, yada yada. You’ve got to factor in comfort.

There is a dealer in Tyler also.
              Who is the dealer in Tyler Logan ? Thinking about giving my son my Hustler and buying a little bigger mower next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Who is the dealer in Tyler Logan ? Thinking about giving my son my Hustler and buying a little bigger mower next year.
                Lone Star Power Equipment. They are located off Old Jacksonville across the street from Brookshire's Warehouse.

If you ever want to try mine out, let me know.

Comment

I have a 48” gravely commercial series I’m about to sell. It’s a 2018 and has about 100 hours on it. Let me know if you’d be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    Lone Star Power Equipment. They are located off Old Jacksonville across the street from Brookshire's Warehouse.

If you ever want to try mine out, let me know.
                    I know where that is, just passed it yesterday.

Comment

Also, for 2 acres, I wouldn’t go less than 52”

Comment

I went with a snapper pro s120. Happy with it so far

Comment

Spartan

Comment

Just a fyi.
                            Whatever one you buy besure the deck extends a couple of inches past the wheels.

Comment

Atwoods- Bad Boy 54", only a year old, seems like a very good mower. 22hp Kohler.

I did a lot of looking and comparing. Everyone says by a Kawa, Kohler is made in USA and easier/less costly to maintain.

Comment

Working...
                              X