Cell phone holder for '97 F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell phone holder for '97 F250

Yah, I know, it's kinda lame question. And been looking at them on-line. But have never had a need for one before. I'd like to have it up near or on top of the dash, so I can run maps without taking my eye off the road. Or answer calls via speakerphone. And where better to get an opinion poll than here on TBH.

Steelie. It’s about a 1 inch steel ball bearing that has an adhesive base to attach to your dash. Then a 3/16” thick magnetic socket with an adhesive back goes on your phone case. The magnet alone makes it worthwhile. I’m always sticking my phone to my toolbox/bedside/chutes/etc when I need my hands/pockets free.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredLikeRed View Post
      Steelie. It’s about a 1 inch steel ball bearing that has an adhesive base to attach to your dash. Then a 3/16” thick magnetic socket with an adhesive back goes on your phone case. The magnet alone makes it worthwhile. I’m always sticking my phone to my toolbox/bedside/chutes/etc when I need my hands/pockets free.
      X2 I have them in everything I drive.

Comment

Will those Steelie things work with an Otterbox Defender case?

Comment

X3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            It will work. One part ( ball ) attaches to the dash and the cup part attaches to your case. I use a suction mount steelie in my tractor for work and my personal truck. Never had any issues with either.

Comment

The magnets work good unless you have a heavy phone or it's sitting in a vertical position.

I got this for my wife after trying about a dozen others.....it's a keeper.

Comment

I have an old bag phone that would go well with that old truck.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    The magnets work good unless you have a heavy phone or it's sitting in a vertical position.

I got this for my wife after trying about a dozen others.....it's a keeper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    You need the plus size socket for heavier phones. Had the same issue with my new/bigger phone and switched to the Plus socket. Pickup truck, dump truck, bobcat and farm tractor approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                      You need the plus size socket for heavier phones. Had the same issue with my new/bigger phone and switched to the Plus socket. Pickup truck, dump truck, bobcat and farm tractor approved.
                      She didn't like the cup thing stuck to the back of her phone

Comment

I've got a Samsung S20 5G, if that makes a difference.

Edit: I kinda like what Tazhunter has posted. Something up on top or above the dash. Helps me keep my eyes on the road.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-01-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          I will if the case is smooth, if it has ridges on the back, no.

Comment

My OtterBox has smooth ridges. Or groves about every 3/4".

Comment

Use a CB in a obs.

Comment

Working...
                              X