Fly Fishing Guides in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Fishing Guides in Denver

Anyone have a good fly fishing guide in Denver proper? It could probably be up to an hour away, but can't be much more than that.

I've never fished in or very near to Denver, but I've done a bit of fishing up in Estes Park (less than 2 hrs away). There is a flyshop in town called Kirk's Fly Shop that offers guiding/outfitting services. I've fished with them a handful of times. Depending on what you are looking for, they offer trips on public land and on private ranches along the Big Thompson. I think they do half and full day trips.

Comment

I fished with Mountain Angler out of Dillon which is 45 mins to an hour west of Denver. But we also fished The Eagle near gypsum, which was another 45 mins or an hour west of Dillon

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
        I've never fished in or very near to Denver, but I've done a bit of fishing up in Estes Park (less than 2 hrs away). There is a flyshop in town called Kirk's Fly Shop that offers guiding/outfitting services. I've fished with them a handful of times. Depending on what you are looking for, they offer trips on public land and on private ranches along the Big Thompson. I think they do half and full day trips.
        Second this, Kirk’s is good people and a good shop.

Comment

Colorado Angler in Dillon is top notch. Andrew and Hagen are the best. In Denver proper, only one I know is Trout's. They have a small store there and run guided trips. Never been with them, but see good things.

Comment

Thank you for the tips!

Comment

Denver to Dillon will be more than 45 min. but still not far. Traffic can be a mess on I-70 though at any time.

Comment

Working...
              X