New F150 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New F150 question.

Recently bought a new F150, has anyone had problems with the 10spd transmission downshifting really rough? Gears 6 down to 1 coming to a stop is terrible at times, I look back to make sure I wasn’t rear ended. I was told there is a time period that the truck is learning how I drive, adaptive learning. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it. Thanks

Common and known issue with this transmission. We have/had about 50 in a fleet and they all experience this and:

Makes a large ‘clunk’ a lot of time when starting. Almost like it was in gear and dropping out. I have had issues where it wouldn’t turn over until I put it in neutral than back in park. Also, since day one, the converter makes a grinding noise.

Ours were/are all 2018-2020, with the coyote V8, 4X4.

Comment

Haven’t noticed that with my 2022. May haven’t driven it enough. Got it couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        Common and known issue with this transmission. We have/had about 50 in a fleet and they all experience this and:

Makes a large ‘clunk’ a lot of time when starting. Almost like it was in gear and dropping out. I have had issues where it wouldn’t turn over until I put it in neutral than back in park. Also, since day one, the converter makes a grinding noise.

Have you noticed any paint peeling on the roof, next to the door channels?

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
          Have you noticed any paint peeling on the roof, next to the door channels?
          dang it, I never would have looked at my roof till you said this

Comment

my BIL had his tranny replaced under warranty - I think it is an 18 or 19 F150.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              dang it, I never would have looked at my roof till you said this
              I just took mine to the dealership yesterday, waiting for the call to see if it's covered by warranty...this is for a 2018 F-150 4x4

Comment

just went looking to buy, but everyone of the dealers are charging up to $10 grand over, that's crazy
                now hearing about the tranny in the ford, the lifters in the chevy.. might have to try the Ram

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                  just went looking to buy, but everyone of the dealers are charging up to $10 grand over, that's crazy
                  now hearing about the tranny in the ford, the lifters in the chevy.. might have to try the Ram
                  My daughter just bought a Platinium F150 at 5 Star in Dallas last Friday. They didn't mark anything up but they wouldn't budge off of sticker price either.

Comment

Haven’t noticed OP issue but have noticed the clunk very occasionally when starting. 2018 4x4 v8

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                      Ford frowns on dealers charging over MSRP, and are cracking down.

Comment

No issues on my 2019 F150. It only has 28k miles on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fftrae View Post
                          Recently bought a new F150, has anyone had problems with the 10spd transmission downshifting really rough? Gears 6 down to 1 coming to a stop is terrible at times, I look back to make sure I wasn’t rear ended. I was told there is a time period that the truck is learning how I drive, adaptive learning. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it. Thanks

No issues with my ‘22 f150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is a 2019 fx4 with 63k miles. No issues on the gear grinds but it will shift hard after I got over a speed bump and give it gas too quick.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2017 10spd slams so hard sometimes when it downshifts it’s scary. Hard to believe being that loud and forceful that it’s “normal.” I just keep driving it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X