East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    You gotta stay on the hogs and shootem in the earhole. Feed pens and traps are better investments than feeding without.

Yeah I definitely got to start shooting some hogs next week. Was just throwing some protein on the ground with some corn and a camera. Two weeks of bucks now two weeks straight of just hogs
    Last edited by Oldskool67; 07-22-2022, 10:22 PM. Reason: Add pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      We have a no mowing ruling right now and to be careful where you park if on vegetation.

We had ~1000 acres burn in the 2010-2011 drought and I carry a small fire extinguisher on my SXS now. It was required back then, but just makes sense.

I keep a small fire extinguisher in my Can Am all the time after my Polaris burnt up. Things can catch fire too easy.

I drove a stretch of 20-25 miles on I-20 yesterday and bet we passed 10-15 places where small grass fires occurred on the side of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright fellas need some advice. We went from community stands to dedicated spots. I hunt in the hardwoods and everybody else took the easy gun route. I only bow hunt so they were cool with my area.

I have had a pig feeder for 3 years in an area about 300 yards from my main spot. I want to put a big pen with no feeder and just hand feed. I want another hog spot but how far away should I be. So I will have 2 hog spots and one deer spot. Will the nasty hogs traveling through run my deer off.

This is east Texas liberty Hardin county area. As of now we can still access property. Our place is green. But we are a low lying area so we flood most years. This is the first year in 5 years I can drive right down the middle to my stand.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
          Alright fellas need some advice. We went from community stands to dedicated spots. I hunt in the hardwoods and everybody else took the easy gun route. I only bow hunt so they were cool with my area.

I have had a pig feeder for 3 years in an area about 300 yards from my main spot. I want to put a big pen with no feeder and just hand feed. I want another hog spot but how far away should I be. So I will have 2 hog spots and one deer spot. Will the nasty hogs traveling through run my deer off.

This is east Texas liberty Hardin county area. As of now we can still access property. Our place is green. But we are a low lying area so we flood most years. This is the first year in 5 years I can drive right down the middle to my stand.

I’d put them at least a couple hundred yards apart to (hopefully) dissuade the hogs from even bothering with your penned area.

Comment

They are still crushing the cotton seed as fast as we can keep it out. Questions on closest ton sacks of cotton seed to Huntsville, TX for next year really? We have been buying it at Tractor Supply or our local feed store

Comment

Boys, it is gonna be a historic big buck year in east tx. Unlike the area barely west of us, we had enough spring rain to really get the ball rolling. Couple that with deer coming out of winter in amazing condition, and a near non existent acorn crop from what I am seeing... we are about to shoot some studs. Horns are looking super in leon, Houston, and trinity cos.

I'm perking up pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

They are still crushing the cotton seed as fast as we can keep it out. Questions on closest ton sacks of cotton seed to Huntsville, TX for next year really? We have been buying it at Tractor Supply or our local feed store

That cotton seed will make the racks narrow like that.

Comment

I’ve been meaning to ask the crew about acorns. We’ve been wetter than most up to a month ago and I’m not seeing a crop at all.

Comment

I’ve been meaning to ask the crew about acorns. We’ve been wetter than most up to a month ago and I’m not seeing a crop at all.
                    Haven’t seen much for acorns in my neck of the pineywoods

Comment

My white oak in my yard is loaded

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Can I set a pop up in your yard? I’ll only hunt while your sleeping.

Comment

Don't even have a pic of a buck yet. Got about 600 yrds of pipline that I can look at. Hopefully they just bypassing the cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

That might be a gold mine. I looked around pretty good and see almost no acorns here. Of course one eye is blind. Heck after surgery Tuesday there may be a full crop!!lol

Comment

I had a nice 8 show up last night👍
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Micheal. Looks like he might have some spread to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X