No announcement yet.

Used 1/2 ton 4X4 Trucks Dodge, Chevy or Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got a 2017 Silverado 1500 with 187k miles on it. Replaced the transmission at 180k other than that no major issues knock on wood. She’s getting sold soon, I’ll be interested to see how much I can get for it with the current market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well boys we will see. Going to drive a tundra in the morning. It has more miles than I wanted but looks to have been very well kept. It does have the 5.7.
      Correction: Salesmen misspoke, it has the 4.6L.
      Last edited by Jon B; 07-29-2022, 07:25 PM. Reason: ....

Comment

Used 1/2 ton 4X4 Trucks Dodge, Chevy or Ford

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        Only thing I’m buying with 100K plus miles on it would be a Tundra. No questions asked.

I bought an ‘04 Z71 with 110k on it in the classifieds here in 2011. Son still drives it with almost 360k on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Why a half ton? Why not a 3/4?

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Dodge has the same lifter issue. Mine failed at 150k and had engine rebuilt. Then started to fail again.

Have a 2020 tundra now with 105,000 on it and no issues.

Comment

Rolling 261,000 on my 2016 Lariat 5.0. Engine runs great. Replaced the solenoid pack in the transmission about 240,000. Shifts smooth and runs great. Best truck I’ve had over the years. Ran company trucks for over 40 years and I’d list trucks in this order.
              Ford
              Ram
              Chevy

Comment

Rolling 261,000 on my 2016 Lariat 5.0. Engine runs great. Replaced the solenoid pack in the transmission about 240,000. Shifts smooth and runs great. Best truck I’ve had over the years. Ran company trucks for over 40 years and I’d list trucks in this order.
                Ford
                Ram
                Chevy

Comment

Just put new lifters in 2018 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi with 122000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                    Ford
                    Ram
                    Chevy

I have seen the listing sir. Beautiful rig, just scared of the miles and bit past my budget.

Comment

Tundra is your best bet but stick to the 5.7 that 4.6 is gutless

Comment

I had to have a transmission solenoid replaced on my 2016 F150, and my local transmission shop owner and I were discussing the repair, as my truck had on 70,000 miles on it. I made the comment that I should not have gone with Ford, and his response was why, because compared to Chevy and Dodge he sees a lot more of them in his shop than Fords.

Comment

2010 F150 5.0, 210k miles. Truck runs great. I’ve kept up with the maintenance pretty well and it’s been a very solid truck.

Comment

Ended up buying the tundra. We will see how it does.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride, Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X