Yellow jackets/red wasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
    I don't know about keeping them away Brian but I do know dawn dish soap and water works great for killing them suckers! just enough soap to make the water feel slick.
    Yup! ...and just rinse it off. No oily mess and cheap wasp spray!

Comment

Set fire to any structure that has an undersurface.
      You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        My biologist saw them at the low end of the food chain. In years with low wasps he worried about the fawn crop. Tons of wasps made him happy...

How in the hell does this post help Brian with his wasp issue???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yellow jackets typically build in the ground, ask me how I found out. Anyway, a good dose of gasoline will take care of them AND wasp nets. No, you don't have to light them either. Just don't miss when you throw it on them.

Comment

I hate those bastages with a passion. Every time I've been to the lease I get stung by the darned red wasps. I never see them until its too late. Back of my head, neck, hand have all been hit. Them guinea's were all over the travel trailer yesterday. I had to use my best Matrix moves to get away and then went and bought some wasp spray.

Comment

My biologist saw them at the low end of the food chain. In years with low wasps he worried about the fawn crop. Tons of wasps made him happy...
              Are you on some kind of hallucination drug? Lol

Brian, fire is all I got. We fight em at the house. The foam spray stuff each time we see them. Haven’t found anything to keep them away. I HATE wasps bad. Tuned in for a fix!

Comment

catch a bunch of lizards and tree frogs and turn them loose

Comment

[QUOTE=SaltwaterSlick;16279221]First of all those yellow ones are NOT YELLOW JACKETS!! They are a paper wasp known as Guinea Wasps. Yellow jackets build in a hive under ground or in an old log, etc... They do not build hanging gray paper nests.

I did know that but couldn’t remember what the real name was. I knew someone would correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    catch a bunch of lizards and tree frogs and turn them loose
                    It’s funny you mention that. The first couple of years after we built the range, we had spiders, the little black ones and the big yellow and black garden spiders., and no wasp. I never killed the spiders, even as annoying as they could be. Think 8yo little girl in the prone position and a little black spider crawls in front of her. Lol. I even kept the garden spiders feed with grass hoppers to show the kids how they ate. But this year I haven’t seen a spider one, just dang wasp.

The cow ear tag idea is the easiest, I can screw them to the underside of the ben benches.

Thank yall

Comment

I don’t suppose the benches are free-standing / separate from the table / rest? You couldn’t just turn the seat part upside down when not in use? Just a thought. Good luck. I hate those yellow bastages whatever they are.

Comment

For those that have an enclosed or semi enclosed space, I use bedbug foggers at night to rid myself of any of those satanic insects. Ant and roach foggers do not work as well on wasp. I have used dawn and it does knock them down, but they spend a lot of time crawling on the ground before dying. This may not help the OP, but it will help someone.

Comment

Was he heavy into crack?

Comment

Teach the kids to look before sitting down.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
                              Put Cow Ear Tags with insecticide under the benches.
                              This

Comment

Spray everything with bifen i/t. That stuff is lethal to anything with an exoskeleton. It does degrade quickly in the sun, but on the underside should last 3 months without a lot of rain. I spray all my eaves and covered areas 2-3 times a year and have no issues with bugs of any sort.

Comment

Working...
                                X