Beach House Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
    Excited to follow along. Doing any measures above and beyond for storm protection?
    Every build post-Harvey is requiring wind sheer engineering measures.

Comment

Very nice. I remodeled a house on Trojan St that is a short term rental. It is doing very well. It is a 6 bd, 5 ba with a private pool. thirdsandbar.com

Let me know if you have any questions about what works and what doesn't.

I also bought a lot two years ago on 11th St that we have been working on a design for a year on and still not happy with it. Are you going through a builder or doing it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
        Very nice. I remodeled a house on Trojan St that is a short term rental. It is doing very well. It is a 6 bd, 5 ba with a private pool. thirdsandbar.com

Let me know if you have any questions about what works and what doesn't.

I also bought a lot two years ago on 11th St that we have been working on a design for a year on and still not happy with it. Are you going through a builder or doing it yourself?
        Nice! I’m to PM you.

Comment

Finally starting after some frustrating road blocks! Here is a rendering of what the finished home will look like.
          Attached Files

Comment

That's sweet! How much is insurance on something like that, given the location?

I've been kicking around building a waterfront house on the gulf coast (either on a bay or a canal) and I'm thinking concrete construction and no insurance. I've built 900+/- houses, but never one on pilings and using concrete construction. It would only be 1,500 square feet or so.

Comment

Congrats! We’re just about to move in down there this week.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                That's sweet! How much is insurance on something like that, given the location?

I've been kicking around building a waterfront house on the gulf coast (either on a bay or a canal) and I'm thinking concrete construction and no insurance. I've built 900+/- houses, but never one on pilings and using concrete construction. It would only be 1,500 square feet or so.
                Not sure, honestly. We are on flood plane x, meaning least likely to flood. It will be expensive as they now require wind sheer insurance on all residences on the island. But, we are building for investment/short term rental income…we knew it would be costly.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  Not sure, honestly. We are on flood plane x, meaning least likely to flood. It will be expensive as they now require wind sheer insurance on all residences on the island. But, we are building for investment/short term rental income…we knew it would be costly.
                  Wow......we were considering the same move a few years ago. Growing up in south Louisiana I just could not deaux it in good conscious. Insurance, distance to rental and the crazy storm seasons we decided to pass. great looking property sir and I know yall will enjoy it. We are hoping to close on another pineywoods place in short order instead.

Comment

Formed up, rough plumbing going in this week and hopefully concrete this next week! Making progress.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Nice house.

What market research have you done on the current economic situation and short term rentals?

I was looking to buy a beach house at Surfside beach and passed on it due to the books they showed me. It was highly unlikely to be profitable at the rates they were getting and the listed price. Insurance and taxes were well over 10k a year if I remember correctly.

I’m legitimately curious about the market in Port A and if I should be looking there now.
                      Last edited by 12RingKing; 10-14-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

We are about to finally break ground on ours. Darn engineering wind zone red tape has had us delayed a couple months. Congratulations and we will be following y’all’s build.

Micheal

Comment

Looks like sand key Dr? Looks like you’ll be across the street from my friends.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Watching

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                              Looks like sand key Dr? Looks like you’ll be across the street from my friends.

Jason Slocum
                              Marlin Azul

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                                Wow! Nice house.

What market research have you done on the current economic situation and short term rentals?

I was looking to buy a beach house at Surfside beach and passed on it due to the books they showed me. It was highly unlikely to be profitable at the rates they were getting and the listed price. Insurance and taxes were well over 10k a year if I remember correctly.

I’m legitimately curious about the market in Port A and if I should be looking there now.
                                I’ll shoot you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X