Ar options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkk View Post
    I also forgot to mention the receiver is a registered SBR. So I can go short too.
    I think I just have to notify the ATF of caliber change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should not have to inform them of anything. The lower is what is registered and it doesnt have a caliber on it usually. It should be registered as "multi". Once you tell them you have a shorty they dont care what is on top. They already have what they care about which is your check and registration.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
      Grendel all the way..

If you want to play 458 Socom. I just built one and it is now my favorite of all. 250gr 2000fps of romping stomping
      busted a hog in the brush a few weeks back. 80lb pig it made big holes in it.
      had one for a couple years now,,,, i like big bullet holes!

Comment

Got to go along with everyone, 6.5 Grendel, I have 2

God Bless
        Bish

Comment

6.5 or 6mm grendel.

I have a 6.5 grendel 20” and 16.5” and have taken them out to 800-900 yards no problem what do ever.

Comment

Since you reload, load you up some 77gr Sierra TMK’s and go kill some stuff. Use some varget or 8208 and you’ll be good to go..
            If you get time, read this thread on the 77gr TMK’s terminal performance and it will open your eyes to how deadly that little bullet is out of a 223. After reading up on it, I bought a tikka 223 and have been slaying hogs and does with it. I’d feel more than comfortable shooting a mature buck in the shoulder with it also

DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ 176 PAGES? HERE'S THE CHEAT SHEET. “Bullets matter more than headstamps.” “Spent primers offer the supreme tutorial”. I’ve read it here and elsewhere online. It got my attention. I started digging and asking questions and listened. The 77gr TMK delivered by a .223...

Comment

Why not .308? If I was building an odd ball, I’d build one in .260 REM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Why not .308? If I was building an odd ball, I’d build one in .260 REM.
                Those options won’t work on an ar15 lower platform

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                  Those options won’t work on an ar15 lower platform
                  Yup, didn’t notice that in the OP’s post…

Comment

I like my 6x45 but 5-600 is a long poke for a .243 clone.

Comment

Old thread........I have decided to go with the 6.5 grendel. Now I'm looking for recommendations on a 16" upper and a good bcg

Thanks
                      Mike

Comment

I would look at the 224 Valkyrie, 6mm ARC, or the 6.5 Grendel. I plan on building a 224 Valkyrie, would also like to try a 6mm ARC, would also like to try a 6.5 Grendel. I think the Valkyrie and the ARC would be better long range choices. If I was only going to shoot out to 200 or 300 yards, the Grendel would be higher up the list. The Valkyrie and the ARC should be better choices for longer ranges, such as 500 to 600 yards.

Comment

Yeah, I'm on the fence with the 6.5 grendel and the .224 valkyrie. I don't have brass or dies for either so I'll have to source those as well

Comment

AR15 performance if you can get one.

Comment

Have a 6.5grendel upper I'm thinking about selling. Pm me if interested

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                                Since you reload, load you up some 77gr Sierra TMK’s and go kill some stuff. Use some varget or 8208 and you’ll be good to go..
                                If you get time, read this thread on the 77gr TMK’s terminal performance and it will open your eyes to how deadly that little bullet is out of a 223. After reading up on it, I bought a tikka 223 and have been slaying hogs and does with it. I’d feel more than comfortable shooting a mature buck in the shoulder with it also

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...-moose.130488/
                                Can’t disagree with that for sure. The 77 grain .223 is a killer for sure. The TMK in particular is an excellent projectile. But the TMK is nearly impossible to find.

Comment

Working...
                                X