Wallpaper folow up...Texture walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallpaper folow up...Texture walls

on the Wallpaper thread...I appreciate all the responses. gonna let a pro deal with it.

I will have texture and paint.

Question for the folks who have been down this dirt road...

Is a rattle can texture worth trying? I have seen mixed reviews on them.

I have an 8 x 12 area and then a long and narrow(above cabinets)

I can rent a texture hopper cheap, ...just looking for ideas from experienced folks .

I textured my garage, but it was 23 years ago & I don't rememberhow much splatter there was.

suggestions / ideas ...prayers ...

I have been down this road and posted on your other thread. Wallpaper removal is super easy using non diluted fabric softener. Your wasting your money having a “pro” do it. I’d bet he uses this method. As far as the can texture, I wouldn’t recommend it for that big of area. You can buy a hopper pretty cheap. Use a scrap piece of plywood to test your spray and pattern on. Spray it on and if you don’t like it scrape it off until you get the mixture and pattern right. It’s pretty simple.

Comment

You may be right. I'll be here when he does his magic. I'll see how he does it.

I figured i'd end up getting a texture hopper and using it. Been a while since I used one.

Comment

The other option and the one I went with when we went through this same thing on our house was to just do a hand trowel finish.

Comment

As much as I can, I am gonna try to match the surrounding texture. But...if if it gets to be too big of a PITA, screw it... I'm painting.

Comment

Yea forget the can, buy the hopper, it's all in the trigger pull and a strong air compressor. What's the surrounding texture look like? Orange peel, knockdown?

Comment

The texture in a can is usually garbage and does not look as good.

If its an area that is not easy to see, the can option might get you by. But the hopper is something that can be useful later for you or friends and does not cost too much.

I got something like this from HF probably 15 years ago.

Amazing deals on this 1-1/2Gal Gravity Feed Texture Air Spray Gun at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                Yea forget the can, buy the hopper, it's all in the trigger pull and a strong air compressor. What's the surrounding texture look like? Orange peel, knockdown?
                Medium orange peel it looks like.

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                The texture in a can is usually garbage and does not look as good.

If its an area that is not easy to see, the can option might get you by. But the hopper is something that can be useful later for you or friends and does not cost too much.

I got something like this from HF probably 15 years ago.

Amazing deals on this 1-1/2Gal Gravity Feed Texture Air Spray Gun at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

J
                I'll probably buy this. Been looking at it. the small / long area above the cabinets may be a challange wit the hopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                  I have been down this road and posted on your other thread. Wallpaper removal is super easy using non diluted fabric softener. Your wasting your money having a “pro” do it. I’d bet he uses this method. As far as the can texture, I wouldn’t recommend it for that big of area. You can buy a hopper pretty cheap. Use a scrap piece of plywood to test your spray and pattern on. Spray it on and if you don’t like it scrape it off until you get the mixture and pattern right. It’s pretty simple.
                  Saying wallpaper removal is super easy is a bit of a stretch. I remodeled our entire house in 2013 and removed almost 90 linear ft. of wallpaper on 8 ft. wall. by myself. Every bedroom (3) had 1 wall with paper, 2 bathrooms, 9 ft. entry hall, kitchen and dining room. A few spots were easier than another, but very few. If I were to do it again, I would just tear out and replace the drywall. Glad yours was easy. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    Medium orange peel it looks like.

I'll probably buy this. Been looking at it. the small / long area above the cabinets may be a challange wit the hopper.
                    For the area above the cabinets, do you think that they texture will matter? You can always roll on texture so that the wall is not smooth. It won't match, but you could feather it in on the edges and roll the middle. It all depends on how much reveal you have and what you are willing to live with.

Comment

Every thing you need to get started, our EZ Pro Spray Gun. 2 Bags of EZ Pro's Texture Packs. Thats enough Texture for up to 60 square feet! California Residents Prop 65 WarningWARNING!This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. This warning is issued in compliance with Proposition 65, California's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. www.p65warnings.ca.gov

Comment

No spray can texture. Looks like spitwads on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
                          For the area above the cabinets, do you think that they texture will matter? You can always roll on texture so that the wall is not smooth. It won't match, but you could feather it in on the edges and roll the middle. It all depends on how much reveal you have and what you are willing to live with.
                          Yeah, I am wondering same thing. May have to texture some but not most.

More than what I am looking to spend

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                          No spray can texture. Looks like spitwads on the wall.
                          Yeah, I was afraid of that.

Comment

Thin mud with water…roll on with nap roller of preference.

Comment

Working...
                            X