Battery Lawn Mowers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEO View Post
    I just got a Makita battery weedeater last weekend. We have a battery powered chainsaw and limb saw in our rental fleet from them and they work well. Looking to get a battery mower now so I'll be looking forward to the responses.
    I have the Makita 36v Mower. It's been great. Heavy metal deck and it senses the thickness of what is being mowed so the motor revs up when the grass is thicker and slows when it is not which saves battery life. Ended getting a weed eater, blower, chain saw, and some other tools that use the same batteries. Everything works great. The only problem was with chain saw bar. Weak and can be damaged easily. I ended up putting a greenworks 18" bar on it and now it is a beast.

Comment

I bought the Atlas 80v system from Harbor Freight 2 years ago and have been very impressed with everything. The mower has a steel deck and pushes extremely easy. I bought the dual 80v/40v batteries. Mower will hold two batteries if needed. I also got the 80v trimmer and 80v blower. I went back and got the 40v chainsaw and 40v pole saw. Again, I've been impressed with all of them.

Comment

I had a Dewalt when I lived in a subdivision. I had a TINY yard but the San Augustine was super thick and if I let it get a little too long it would kill the battery before I could finish.

Comment

Well I think I'm going to give the new model Dewalt mower that comes with the two 12ah flex volt batteries a chance. Looks like from some other reviews they have improved the run time from previous models and this model has rear wheel drive for the self propel in lieu of front wheel drive on the previous models. I'll pick up a Dewalt weedeater as well since everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about battery powered trimmers of any of the brands. I'll report back after a couple mow's to let everyone now my thoughts.

Comment

Anyone have a Zero Turn battery unit?
            How does it perform?

Comment

Picked up the mower yesterday, got the batteries charged and went to work this morning. It nearly made it through the entire yard which I was pretty impressed with since my septic drip field was way overgrown. I’m fully confident that once I get that area cut back the first time that I’ll be able to mow the entire yard on one charge no problem. It was slooooow going this first time at that area. Overall I’m pleased so far.

First photo shows the whole back yard, where the grass changes is where the septic field starts. Second photo shows reference for how tall the septic field was when I started.

Comment

Originally posted by 686PPP View Post
                My dad bought a 40 volt last year. His yard is thick St Augustine and the mover would bog he had to stop and go as the slowest speed was too fast. He is a twice a week mower not letting it get shaggy. I think it was a Ryobi. They returned it after a few weeks and got a Honda self propelled push mower.
                ^^^^ I bought one of those Ryobi's and it sucks!!!!! Complete waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                  We have the EGO 56v mower, weedeater, and blower. No complaints all have worked great. The wife can use all because there is no I can’t get it started. She actually likes all of it.
                  Same here. No complaints

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                    My wife bought the old school manual push kind. It cuts better than my $800 toro lol just a little more work especially when the grass gets taller this summer..
                    As you talking about a “reel mower”??

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                      Well I think I'm going to give the new model Dewalt mower that comes with the two 12ah flex volt batteries a chance. Looks like from some other reviews they have improved the run time from previous models and this model has rear wheel drive for the self propel in lieu of front wheel drive on the previous models. I'll pick up a Dewalt weedeater as well since everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about battery powered trimmers of any of the brands. I'll report back after a couple mow's to let everyone now my thoughts.

The 60 Volt weedeater and blower are amazingly powerful. I don't even run my weedeater on full speed and have never had any problems.

Comment

I have a Greenworks blower and love it. Mainly use it for leaves in between the times the yard guy comes. Also, recently went to an electric power washer. Have one at the coast for the boat and one at the house. Really easy plug and play.

Comment

Ryobi 40v crosscut owner. Has 2 6ah batteries. I'm on a little over 1/2 acre and can get front and back done on one charge. If I come up short, the rapid charger will charge one of them enough to finish before I can finish my beer. Bought one used for less than half of new and it died. Ryobi replaced it under warranty because they don't have any parts for them.

Comment

Ego mower for 4 years
                            the yard is not that big but it only uses 1/2 a battery and i dont worry about having to try and start it

Comment

Well this thread got me amped up and I went and treated myself to probably my biggest present of the year ...a electric 48V Ryobi Weedeater since my gas husqvana broke. 1 full charge didn't even allow me to finish my urban backyard. I tried a second time only using the low power setting and got pretty similar results. Also it keeps feeding line all by itself and I have to open it up and re-spool the excess line back in every couple minutes or carry clippers and just cut it. I was really expecting better performance and battery life. Might have to dig into that husqvarna and see if I can get her purring again sadly.

Comment

Aaaaaaaand the Ryobi just spit some sparks and is smoking in the driveway. It gone! I tried

Comment

Working...
                                X