Mathews V3, 27 or 31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gable
    I have a 28.5 draw length and I am thinking a 27 V3- weight and size is the most important thing to me. Am I making a mistake?
    I had that bow and loved it. I bought for an elk hunt and could shoot good groups out to 95 yards. Really nice bow. I only sold because with my bad shoulders I don't bow hunt much anymore, but again it was an awesome bow.

I still have my old faithful Switchback XT

Comment

Shoot them both side by side, I bet you find the 31 holds steadier.

Comment

If your hunting form a blind/ stand …. Like 90% of us. It doesn’t matter. 20,25,30 yds shots should be chip shots with any bow you’ve practiced with repetitively…. As we all should before hunting. If your concerned with longer ata for long distance accuracy you really should be looking at more than 31”.

Comment

Originally posted by gable
          I have a 28.5 draw length and I am thinking a 27 V3- weight and size is the most important thing to me. Am I making a mistake?
          That's what I am, and I love the little 27. I definitely NOTICE the string angle at anchor, but it's not really an issue. Jeff, Kyle, and the boys at CCR took care to get the peep just right, and she shot great right from the jump. I wouldn't hesitate. I do use a larger peep than a lot of people though.

Comment

Working...
          X