No announcement yet.

Conservation Goose Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw tons going north in Houston County last weekend.

Comment

There's alot easier and cheaper ways to get kicked in the nuts than goose hunting these days

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
        There's alot easier and cheaper ways to get kicked in the nuts than goose hunting these days
        Amen

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha... laying in the mud and looking at empty skies sounds like a blast!

Comment

Hahahhahahaha

Comment

It is crazy to me how I haven't seen a single goose or duck near Fulshear. In the summer and fall we see Canadas, Specks, Snows and all ducks almost flying around all day in Alberta. I moved to Texas two years ago and only see Muscovy ducks everywhere, Egyptian geese sometimes and Mexican Whistling ducks. Also... I miss being able to stop a farmer or Hutterite in their combine asking if I can hunt their land. FOR FREEEE!!! Here it's "sure, sign here, and here, and the next page and $5,000".

Comment

Don’t count on a goose hunt being good to great unless there is a phone call that includes the question “can y’all be here to hunt in the morning”?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  Only person I can recommend is capt jake huddleston. He will be completely honest with you on bird numbers. He will cancel your hunt if he doesn't have the birds. He is not going to just take your money.
                  This, don’t look elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                    You will probably get alot of people telling you to go to Arkansas. I would stay away from Arkansas. It is over run with guides, and you will likely get a put in a field that does not have birds. You will see alot of birds though.
                    We killed 136 today. More of a…non traditional method, but much more effective.

There are a bunch of out of state face paint guides, as well as a ton of bird watching going on.

The numbers here make it hard to hunt an actual set up. That sounds stupid, but it’s the way it is.

#normalizesneakingditches

Comment

Razr, seeking ditches and jump shooting snows is deffiantly the most productive way to killing a 100+ birds. Like you said most people don't do it. But I would do it if I ever had the chance. Congrats on a good hunt!

Comment

Is it any better east of town? Winnie area?

Comment

They're killing a few birds in Winnie, but don't think they're having a stellar year either. I don't see the geese around here like I used to. Flight patterns changes maybe? I also don't do much waterfowl hunting anymore so maybe I'm just not spending as much time as I used to where geese would be.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            We killed 136 today. More of a…non traditional method, but much more effective.

There are a bunch of out of state face paint guides, as well as a ton of bird watching going on.

The numbers here make it hard to hunt an actual set up. That sounds stupid, but it’s the way it is.

#normalizesneakingditches
                            This is awesome. When we were kids we'd kill them anyway possible. All the farmers around us couldn't stand them. We'd find a bunch, find a ditch and do a sneak attack.... or just do a bail out the truck on their azz... man that was a blast

Comment

Come to Anahuac, and get with Brad Daniels.

Comment

Another recommendation for Jake Huddleston. I've been with him 3 times, all good hunts. He's not the most personable guy, all business, but he's good.

Comment

Working...
                                X