No announcement yet.

Weekend trip in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing I recommend. The “Roadtrippers” APP.
    We found a lot of things from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      Guys, I'd like to throw out that we have a great little place listed on AirBNB and VRBO that we will offer a TBH discount on. www.vrbo.com/1581559?unitId=2142817
      Very beautiful place Jon! What is the TBH discount on $257/night?

Comment

Glen Rose would be a good choice IMO. Good restaurants, state park, drinking establishments with great atmosphere, River, and a nice town.

Comment

Our standby
          Experience the fun and adventure of a Farmstay vacation at Country Woods Inn, featuring family lodging and cabins on 40 wooded acres in the Texas Hill Country.

Comment

Marble Falls and Lake LBJ

Comment

We always enjoy going to Colorado Bend SP and staying in Lampasas. Did a Waco weekend a couple years ago and that was fun too; we did the Texas Rangers museum and of course all the Magnolia stuff. Don't overlook a weekend in cajun country either!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                How about staying in a little cabin around the Vanderpool area? It's a nice "in between" place. You could go to Lost Maples or Garner, and the drive into Bandera, Kerrville, or Leakey for dinner would be a nice scenic drive.
                This is a great idea too. We've done this many times and love the area. We take our camper, but there are many options for cabins I'm sure.

Comment

Another vote for Greune and NewBraunfels

Comment

There isn’t enough to do in Jefferson for a weekend imo. If you are into the old treasures (what I call old stuff/junk) there are several stores like that in Jefferson.

Comment

We have been to Nachotoches, LA a few times but it’s close for us.
                      Celebrate, Discover, and Explore Louisiana's Oldest City Natchitoches, (Nack-a-tish) the original French colony in Louisiana, is the oldest settlement in the Louisiana Purchase. Established in 1714, Natchitoches, retains its European flavor through its architecture, heritage and lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Does Boerne still have its small town identity or has it been consumed by SA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about all that. We come from Tyler so don’t really see that. We just enjoyed staying there and walking the downtown areas and the other towns.

Comment

The Jefferson area Air bnb's are legit.Neat town,with quite a bit to see,and do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
                            Another vote for Greune and NewBraunfels
                            I rented a cabin in between Wimberly and Gruene for our anniversary this year. Kind of best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              I rented a cabin in between Wimberly and Gruene for our anniversary this year. Kind of best of both worlds

Any of you Wimberly get-a-way type peeps have any restaurants to recommend while we are there?

Comment

Fort Worth as mentioned above. Stay at The Drover.

Comment

Working...
                                X