youth arrow length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

youth arrow length

i need to get a dozen arrows for my nine year old son. the bow is a mission craze, draw length is 22". i'll have the poundage turned down because he's a beginner. but i'd like to have it up to around 40 lbs by next october. any suggestions on what arrows to get and what length? i'd like to get something decent quality but not crazy expensive, he'll lose several i'm sure. also, his draw length will be getting longer, so i'd like to get an arrow length that he could use for at least a year or two.

There are some spine charts online. From there just shop around to find what your options are. Is he shooting 4H? It's a good program and will help him some to prevent buck fever if he's at all competitive. Also, remember that he can kill deer with a well tuned bow shooting 33-35 lbs as long as he has good shot placement.

Comment

I'd avoid the bucket arrows at Academy Other than that you're probably going to be a tad what limited in that you'll likely be looking for 500 spine arrows. I would definitely consult a spine chart and stick with a name brand. Easton is probably your best bet for something decent and affordable and in the right spine. Easton has the 6.5 Junior that might be worth looking, cost wise not sure how they compare to the Sonic, but the Junior goes down to some pretty soft spines.

Comment

I used a lot of Black Eagle Outlaws for my kids... started with 600 spine.

Comment

Working...
        X