Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Young man..

Comment

Prayers up for his family, friends and searchers dedicated to bringing closure to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
        Boy this was a real tough read.

Lost my very best friend in Copano Bay around noon on a Saturday May 6th 2017, and I was the one that found him at dark the following Monday night. I literally was texting his little sister an hour ago and now I see this. It was a horrible situation. I now wear a life vest every time I get in a Bay Boat. Note to all, you don't wear a life vest to save your life. God forbid, you wear a life vest so your family does not go though this type situation.

Prayers out to this young mans family, his buddy who is in the ICU, his buddies family and a huge thanks to all the searchers, Dive Crews and the Coast Guard who were out looking for him.
        Well said

I have a 20 yr old who runs the Florida back bays in a 27 mph canoe 2 days a week. He sent mom and i a picture the day this kid went in and he didn't have a vest on. I'm just as guilty of it but we asked he start wearing the inflatable.

Its made me think about all the solo trips I made, 4am runs with waders and heavy coats thru stump fields chasing ducks etc. Things can go south quick and you just don’t think about it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers and condolences to the Family, the POC community, and all involved in the search...what a tragedy for all to have endured

Comment

Prayers for the family and hope they can rest now.

Comment

Prayers for comfort for the family and blessings to those who searched

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                Boy this was a real tough read.

Lost my very best friend in Copano Bay around noon on a Saturday May 6th 2017, and I was the one that found him at dark the following Monday night. I literally was texting his little sister an hour ago and now I see this. It was a horrible situation. I now wear a life vest every time I get in a Bay Boat. Note to all, you don't wear a life vest to save your life. God forbid, you wear a life vest so your family does not go though this type situation.

Prayers out to this young mans family, his buddy who is in the ICU, his buddies family and a huge thanks to all the searchers, Dive Crews and the Coast Guard who were out looking for him.

Small world - I was fishing with the group of guys on the Mowdy that found his bay boat drifting/idling in Copano. I jumped on his boat and threw an anchor, while the other guys started doing big circles upwind and called the coast guard and game warden.

Wind was ripping that day.

I remember only finding a small anchor and light duty anchor line onboard his boat, which would not really hold the large bay boat in the waves. It slowed it down to a slow drift but wouldn’t stick.
                At the time, I had assumed the accident likely involved him throwing/tying off a larger anchor but from what I heard that was not the case.

We checked at the boat ramp as well to see if someone had a boat drift away from them, but unfortunately that was not the case.

The coast guard took around 45 minutes before they had a helicopter in the area. We called - then a supervisor called back - then another supervisor called back to say a helicopter was being dispatched. Game wardens probably were the first response.

Sad deal for sure. Wear your pdf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bundyducks View Post
                  the tyler doyle incident is a totally different incident in north Carolina i believe
                  im sorry. i didnt realize they were different

Comment

prayers up for family and friends

Comment

Rest In Peace young man and prayers up for his family, friends and all the amazing folks that have been searching for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Well said

Its made me think about all the solo trips I made, 4am runs with waders and heavy coats thru stump fields chasing ducks etc. Things can go south quick and you just don’t think about it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        My wife and I were just having this exact conversation. How many times in hindsight I wouldn’t go out in if I had to do over. I guess it’s just complacency. Prayers that the family can find closure in an awful tragedy.

Comment

Rest In Peace young man.

Comment

Suck a terrible ordeal… I have never ran in big water at night and this definitely makes me a little more firm on not doing that.

Wearing a pfd sure is starting to seem like a much better idea.

Comment

Prayer sent for this man's family, and for his friend in the hospital.

Comment

Sad…..
                                There is nothing safe about water

Comment

Working...
                                X