Oil prices . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm mearly pointing out numbers on here that are publicly available and being talked to like I don't understand net profit margins. I teach hs physics now because I felt called to work with kids, but I've ran a 20 million business with 270 employees, so I know at least a couple of things.

I never once complained about companies making money. Some folks need to learn to read along with their business acumen. Just pointing out that, regardless of margin, they do it consistently. Saw some 2022 numbers today. New record profits up to the 55 billion range coming in for last year. I'll bow out of this conversation. Ya'll have fun.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

And the company you ran would be happy with 8%?

I'll be the first to admit Im no businessman. I am running a business that I started from nothing, but all my experience is real world, real numbers and hard earned. And nobody I know thinks 8% is good in a ridiculously volitile and risky business. Toilet paper or groceries, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by preaux40 View Post
      My question is how are NG prices staying so low during the extreme winter we're having . . Especially the NE . .

B/c this is just a this weekend event, cash prices ran up pretty good for Friday’s gas, but came off for the weekend. Production is high, storage inventories are super high, & people think winter is over for the most part, all equal low prices..:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My question is how are NG prices staying so low during the extreme winter we're having . . Especially the NE . .
        Some of the price impact is the Freeport LNG is still down and exports are restricted. Once they come back online prices should go up.

Comment

Volume used

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tx.biologist View Post
            Volume used

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

What offset the usage?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              People see "billions" and instantly get their hackles up, with no idea the insane amount of equipment, labor, technology, infrastructure etc it requires.

People just like Biden. But turn a blind eye to Pfizer posting $100B in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Oil company margins were 8.3% in 2021. Compared to tech and pharmaceuticals at 23%.

They make billions because of hundreds of billions invested.

^^^^ This right here. Too many people like to count another mans pennies.

When was the last time someone commented about how much profit Apple makes on their iphones? It's like 40% yet the yahoo's stand in line and cannot wait to spend $1,400 on a new phone every dang year. Gas goes up .20 per gallon and these same folks are ready to burn down the entire industry and switch over to windmills and solar panels. All that sounds great except there will come a time when the "bad guys" are gone and you have to deal with the bad guys you have left.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  You are right ! Fossil fuels are still what makes our world go ‘round. Solar and wind are just a fart in a whirlwind.
                  Not fossil fuels, all a rue invented by an eccentric oil man years ago to monopolize the industry.

Comment

Business make money or go out of business. Good for them.

Comment

This should be obvious so i dont know if i need to say it but uh i will.

Natural gas and oil are different commodities affected by different market dynamics. Sooo... yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
                        This should be obvious so i dont know if i need to say it but uh i will.

Natural gas and oil are different commodities affected by different market dynamics. Sooo... yeah
                        Don't bring all that logic around here.[emoji1787]

Same way every one wants to judge a whole industry by one, mega, company when the majority of oil is produced by stripper wells.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          Not fossil fuels, all a rue invented by an eccentric oil man years ago to monopolize the industry.
                          Jerry Jones

Comment

So with developments over the last few weeks what will happen at the pumps for Average American Joe?

Comment

Gas prices were already working their way up. With OPEC announcing another 1.6M bpd cut over the weekend, it's going to accelerate the increase.

Comment

$5 gas is coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X