Finally Got My Border Limbs Hunt Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Got My Border Limbs Hunt Ready

Keep in mind, that I like to shoot arrows from my recurve bows with the center line of the arrow 1/16" outside center, which is where I have it.

Also keep in mind, that the arrows (before the alterations) were shooting perfect from my 64# Bigfoot Super Static limbs, which are great limbs by the way. I was never unhappy with them.

For these 65# Border limbs - In order to get the .300 micro diameter (.254) Widowmaker carbons to shoot with 175 gr points, and broadheads I had to:

(1) Cut a full 2" off the shafts. I had that much extra, but that's all I had before they would be to short.

(2) Lower my brace height from 7.25" down to 6.5".

(3) Move my string silencers in toward center from 11" from the limb tips to 14" from the limb tips.

Bare shafts, target point's, and broadheads all group together in the bullseye from 20 yards now.

I have a 45 yard point on (shooting 3-under), so I had to go back to using a 20 yard fixed crawl string mark. That's ok though. That crawl gives me shots all within 1" of each other from 25 yards all the way in to 5 yards with only a slight nock low flight.

Shooting split finger, my point on is 80 yards. LOL

All I have to do now to be ready to go hunt/kill a pig is to sharpen my broadheads back up.

Rick

I should also mention, that I like to be as close to 9.5 gpp as I can get, and never outside the 9 - 10 gpp window.

These arrows come in at 606 gr (just a touch over 9.3 gpp), I'm extremely happy with that.

Rick

Comment

Hopefully you've got some active targets. Once the water dried up so did our pig activity.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Hopefully you've got some active targets. Once the water dried up so did our pig activity.

We've got pigs (lots of them), but they are only moving in the dark between around 10:30 p.m, and 3:30 a.m.

I'm to old & lazy to want to go during those hours. They'll be showing in daylight pretty soon now though.

Rick

Comment

Yeah I don't blame you. Gets dark I'm ready to call it a day.

Comment

Working...
          X