I know this is sacrilege... BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is sacrilege... BUT

I've got pending shoulder surgery and I'll be d***ed if I'm not going to complete hunting season, even if I need help in the field.

Anyone have any experience with the Ravin R29s? I've been trying to figure the difference between all the R29 models they offer and cannot do it for the life of me.

Why not use a gun?

Comment

I know my wife has an R26 and it’s bad&$&!!!!!! I thought ravin was overhyped until I shot one. By far the best, most accurate crossbow out there. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of their models. I had neck surgery last year and hunted with a crossbow some. It was pretty fun and very deadly!

Comment

Same boat. 1 shoulder may need surgery, the other i think i can get by with therapy. Waiting until Jan to go due to insurance yearly premiums.

Sorry I can't help with the xbow question sir.

Comment

Sacrilege ? Half the guys on here hunt with crossbows. Nothing wrong with it, I have one myself, but I’ve only hunted with it once in two years. I can’t like it.

I wouldn’t spend $2,000 to finish the season though, when there are much cheaper options if you want to kill something at compound bow ranges. If you need to shoot 100 yards, use a firearm. My two cents, YMMV

Comment

I had 2 different bow shops say the excalibur brand are by far the most accurate but they sell a bunch of ravins because people like they way they look. They may have fixed it by now but the early models had real bad problems with string wear, some were getting only a couple hundred shots before they had to re-serv parts of the string, it had to do with the steep geometry of the string angle.

Comment

Rifle is a cheaper and better option than a crossbow. I haven’t picked up a bow yet this season, I don’t want to have to track deer through the south Texas brush.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Rifle is a cheaper and better option than a crossbow. I haven’t picked up a bow yet this season, I don’t want to have to track deer through the south Texas brush.
                Unless your a felon

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Sacrilege ? Half the guys on here hunt with crossbows. Nothing wrong with it, I have one myself, but I’ve only hunted with it once in two years. I can’t like it.

I wouldn’t spend $2,000 to finish the season though, when there are much cheaper options if you want to kill something at compound bow ranges. If you need to shoot 100 yards, use a firearm. My two cents, YMMV
                  I'd question if half the guys on here even hunt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    I'd question if half the guys on here even hunt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    LOL right

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      Why not use a gun?

Oh, my bad. Major detail I left out is that I’ll be hunting primarily in Oklahoma and their rifle season ended last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Unless your a felon

That will all depend on what Biden decides to push into law in the coming months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've got the R10 and really like it. Took a buck and doe in Missouri so far this year with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X