Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Hahahhahaha what was the culprit?
    Well I ran a thin wire up it. Started up fine. Now doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Well I ran a thin wire up it. Started up fine. Now doing the same thing.

Same thing as in not working? When you ran the wire, did you turn it upside down and shake it to see if anything would fall out??

Comment

Try to get some compressed air to that hole right there!

That’s essentially the ODS, and anything over that hole or inside the assembly in that area can cause it to behave erratically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gijoee210 View Post
          I was looking into getting one of those heaters
          have you had trouble with them before?
          I've had one for about 6 years and no problems.

Comment

No but I left the pilot on to go get the turkey I just shot and put it with the pig I shot earlier. When I got back I flipped it to high, because I'm cold, and it fired right up.
            Maybe it's possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Try to get some compressed air to that hole right there!

That’s essentially the ODS, and anything over that hole or inside the assembly in that area can cause it to behave erratically.

That's what you had me replace two years ago.

Comment

Anyone fix an ignitor that won't spark? Mine pushes down and returns but doesn't make the clunk to produce a spark. It used to do it every now & then now doesn't at all just feels mushy.

Comment

And now it shut itself off again.
                  Gremlins

Comment

I would get another bottle of propane. That one you have may be dirty......

Comment

New canister, same results.

Comment

I'd have to have it in front of me....If its not a clog and if it shut off while rolling it could be a faulty thermocouple, a faulty tip switch or and faulty O2 sensor.

They all shut off the propane flow if the don't detect what they are there for.......ie. detect heat right (thermocouple), not sitting level (tip switch) or not enough oxygen in the air (02 sensor). I'm leaning towards the thermocouple because they are usually the most troublesome and most replaced. It is not uncommon for it to light and shut down because the heat screws with the connection. But that's just a guess not looking at it.

Is it sitting level?

Comment

I 'm sure there are problems ..Had a couple over years.Been dependable

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                            Anyone fix an ignitor that won't spark? Mine pushes down and returns but doesn't make the clunk to produce a spark. It used to do it every now & then now doesn't at all just feels mushy.

I e never looked at one on a heater, but others I’ve seen in the past can get that way because the plastic nut on the back of it was not tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I'd have to have it in front of me....If its not a clog and if it shut off while rolling it could be a faulty thermocouple, a faulty tip switch or and faulty O2 sensor.

They all shut off the propane flow if the don't detect what they are there for.......ie. detect heat right (thermocouple), not sitting level (tip switch) or not enough oxygen in the air (02 sensor). I'm leaning towards the thermocouple because they are usually the most troublesome and most replaced. It is not uncommon for it to light and shut down because the heat screws with the connection. But that's just a guess not looking at it.

Is it sitting level?
                              Yes it is level. If I let it set and cool completely off I can start the pilot, turn it to high and it will run 3 or 4 minutes the shut off and not want to reignite.

Comment

I can order one.

Comment

Working...
                                X