bow string won't stay in groove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bow string won't stay in groove

Hope you guys can help me out. The string on my Hoyt Satori seems to want to keep slipping out of the bottom groove. I move the calf hair into the middle of the groove & after 10-20 shots the calf hair keeps getting pushed to one side & the string doesn't want to stay in the groove after awhile. What could be causing this as it's a fairly new problem? The string is 1 year old but is still in good condition. When I adjusted the brace height I twisted the string only from the bottom limb, could this be the cause? Thanks for any input.

Some bowyers - Bob Lee for one - specifically say not to put any padding in the string groove. The only other thing I can think of is a slightly twisted limb?

Comment

Sounds like a twisted limb.It's a fairly simple fix look it up on you tube.

Comment

Agreed. Twisted limb. Just twist it in the opposite direction until just past straight.

Comment

I never liked to keep a bow with a twisted limb. My personal opinion would be to sell it on Ebay and get another one. Somebody else will have no issue mess'n with it. Not worth the headache for me.

Comment

Can you Post some pics of the limb with it strung and unstrung?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              some bowyers - bob lee for one - specifically say not to put any padding in the string groove. The only other thing i can think of is a slightly twisted limb?
              ^^^this is what it sounds like to me ^^^

Comment

The limb may be out of alignment. I forget if the satori can be adjusted from left to right. Take a quick look to see if there are some adjustment screws on the fades.

Comment

Yes. There are limb alignment adjustment screws. You need to check the limb for a twist. If it’s not twisted it’s likely a limb alignment issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X