• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor baby...bitten by Rattler

Wife sent me this...

Man, I hope that hand and arm recover.

Ppl in Comanche... 2yr old boy

Thank you all for the prayers. There is so much I want to say and so many I want to thank.

Right now, we are focused on McLane, but I wanted to provide an update and more so a “what happened” while I can.

Yesterday at 7:27, we walked from a normal house garage to the truck to load up to go eat at Rosa’s. McLane was literally 10 ft in front of me headed toward the truck and Eric was opening the truck door about another 10 ft away. I could see McLane clear as day. I also saw McLane pick up what looked like a STICK on the ground, on straight concrete, in the wide open. I quickly realized it wasn’t a stick but a baby snake and I ran to McLane and yelled “put it down.” At that point, McLane saw it wasn’t a stick and it instantly bit him twice. I rushed to grab McLane and Eric tried to stomp on the snake. This all happened within 15 seconds. We threw him in his car seat, buckled up and RUSHED to the nearest ER.

We made it to the ER within 7 minutes. Praise that we were already in Abilene to begin with.

When we arrived, they did the first set of blood tests and his platelets were at a 9. ?? They are normally at 325ish, per my understanding. That was 40 minutes after the bite. (That’s how fast the venom was taking over his little body. )

From what the doctor told us, that basically meant that he could start bleeding out because his blood was as thin as a 90 year old. Hence the blood transfusion.

While we were waiting for Poison Control to mix the antivenom, McLane started having sweats and throw up episodes. Very alarming coming from the platelet count.

Within 20 minutes of being bitten, his wrist and hand began to swell and bruise. The venom had quickly traveled from his hand to his neck within a matter of hours.

The doctor and nurses continued to run blood tests after he started the antivenom. His blood count finally started to improve from a 9 to 325. Another HUGE praise.

Due to weather, we had to wait for an ambulance to arrive, but it gave Hendricks more time...
    He's at cooks in ft worth still. Baby rattler bite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-09-29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	25260541

man thats scary, prayers for the little fella.

Comment

Prayers for your baby.

Comment

Oh man, prayers up for the youngster!

Comment

Prayers up for the Family & child.

Comment

God bless this little fella and his family!

Comment

Prayers sent for the little guy.

Comment

Prayers up for the little man

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                  Prayers for your baby.
                  Not mine... a Family in Comanche.

Heartbreaking still, have a grand son not much older.

Comment

Prayers for the little boy and his family

Comment

Very scary; hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery!

Comment

So scary. Hope he has a quick and full recovery.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

My worst nightmare. Thank goodness he got care quickly. Prayers for best possible outcome.

Comment

Prayer sent for the kiddo!

Comment

Working...
                              X