Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are quick (scope) detach mounts really used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use quick detach scope mounts on most of my rifles. They come in handy when traveling. I’d much rather pull my scope off and put it in my carryon than trust the baggage handlers with it.

Comment

all day every day .. my 300blk rifle is used 99% of the time with thermal QD .. swapped to day optics some times ... shot a deer in OK from 275 yards .. 2.1mils . right through the heart ...

my only process is i sit the mount .. push it forward till it butts up on the picatinny lug , then lock it ... been doing it this way successfully for years... avoid chinese knock off ...

Comment

The only rifle I have with detachable mount is a H&K 300 in 22 mag. It had what they call a claw mount and I can take it off and put it back on 10 times a day and it is always right on the money.

The only other rifle I have that I would like this functionality on is my Win Model 70 in 375 H&H. It would be nice for Africa as an example to be able to shoot it open sights for Cape Buffalo and then put the scope cack on for other animals during the same trip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a Winchester Model 70 in 7RM that I took to the NWT for sheep and caribou. I had Leupold QR rings and bases and took an extra scope mounted in QR rings just in case I dropped the rifle and banged the scope up.

Both scopes were sighted in ad I did a lot of shooting practice and switching scopes back and forth. I was very confident with the system by the time I left.

I still have a pair of the rings and am looking for the silver 2 piece bases for an A-Bolt.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Working...
            X