Buck knife warranty / repair service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck knife warranty / repair service

Just wanted to see if anyone has used this and what the results were? My Dad passed away last July and I was lucky enough to get all his guns and knives and hunting stuff. This knife is part of some of my earliest memories as a kid and going hunting with him. It has some engraving on it, done by a family friend. Looks like he got it for his birthday the year after I was born. I’d like to send it off to Buck to get it serviced and cleaned up but being such a heirloom for me, I don’t want to risk losing it or them just sending me a new one or whatever might or could happen. Just wondering what everyone’s experiences were. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use it as it is any polishing would likely remove the engraving

Comment

Oil the leather,use Flitz on the handles bolsters and Back. Sharpen and use it...

Comment

Don't send it to buck if you have sentimental value, they will take your knife and just send you a brand new replacement!! I know this from experience

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Don't send it to buck if you have sentimental value, they will take your knife and just send you a brand new replacement!! I know this from experience

This is kinda what I am afraid of.

Comment

I broke a blade on a small folder and sent it back to be repaired. They sent a new one as replacement. Don't know that they would do refurbishment. I wouldn't risk it. Maybe pm one of our knife makers on TBH and see if they would do the work. Wonderful knife. Matt

Comment

A little boiled linseed oil on the handle will protect and renew the wood

Comment

I wouldn't do a thing to it. It awesome just like it is.

Comment

Well I sent it in and am very happy with the results. I indicated that I wanted the spa treatment and a new blade if possible. Someone from Buck actually called me and said if they did a new blade it would result in losing some of the engraving. I told them it was sentimental and to forego the new blade. They cleaned it up and sent back to me and included my check and didn’t charge me anything. I’d definitely do it again with any other Buck. Pics don’t do it real justice.

Comment

Glad they hooked you up. Looks great!

Comment

My brother sent his back a few years ago to have them put a factory edge back on. He was happy with his results. He had his for so long, the blade was wore down nearly in half. Said he cleaned many a deer with that knife!!!

Comment

Glad it worked out.

Sent my in last year I think that I first got back in the 70s. I had broken the blade and just put it up. Found it again last year and sent it in. Told them I broke the blade and needed new blade on same handle. Got my old knife back with new blade and they even replaced the snap on the sheath.

Comment

I have skinned several deer with buck brand knives. Off the shelf they are hard to beat for their price.

Comment

I have and use the same knife. I broke the blade cutting a 5 gallon bucket. Sent it back for repair. Buck replaced it within a week. Great company.

Comment

That looks great JR. Awesome treasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X